It's My Fault




I have come to the realization that the things that happen to me concerning men are all my fault. That's right the same way I take full responsibility for my actions when it comes to my relationship with Christ Jesus, I take with my relationships with men. They can and will only do what I allow.
If I allow them to talk to me any kind of way, I can't then get upset when they talk to me any kind of way. If I allow them to treat me any kind of way, I can't then get upset when they treat me any kind of way. If I allow them to come and go whenever they please, I can't then get upset when they come and go as they please.
This was all made clear to me about 30 min ago, when this guy that I can't seem to let go of (but am now seriously contemplating switching gears) called me and literally cursed me out. For no reason might I add. I simply called him to ask a question concerning my computer and he began to use some very unsavory language against me. Now in my mind I was like hang up Dee, but I didn't (see right there, I allowed him to curse at me) I was trying to explain the reason for my earlier text message, and he started cursing more and telling me not to patronize him. WT Flip! I was not patronizing you!!! Anyway, we got disconnected and I was left with my mouth wide open. But it doesn't end there.
Then he calls me right back and I say hello. He says some more unsavory things and then says "goodbye to you" For a split second I was so enraged that if I saw him I probably would have kicked his behind. But then it dawned on me. He would not have been able to talk to me like that, if I had not ALLOWED him to. I was right.
As I played the whole thing back in my head, I believe he was with someone and he was being a big ole jerk in front of that person and I was Collateral Damage. Whatever the case may be. I have decided that when it comes to him, I think it is best I leave it alone. That way I will not have to blog about this type of situation again...at least not where he is concern.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1

On The 8th Day Of Bullsh*t!