Superman's disguise is Clark Kent


I was watching one of my favorite movies (Kill Bill) and Bill said something very interesting. He said "Superman's disguise was Clark Kent..." Now when you think about it, he was right. Superman is the only superhero that was born with his special powers and everyone else was either bitten, blasted by some ray or simply has his weapons made in a secret lab. This made me think. Do we wear disguises that hide who we really are?


I called one of my girlfriends today to tell her about this guy that I met while in rehearsal for Jesus of Nazareth(passion play 2008). The guy in question (who's name is being withheld) is unlike any other guy I would normally find attractive. Now he is very good looking, but he is a little weird somehow. He is one of those tall light skinned brothers that lately are not my cup of tea, but there is something about him. When he enters the room I lose my breath. When he speaks I hang on his every word. I want to know what he's thinking. I want to know what makes him laugh, and what makes him sad. This guy captures my full attention, and it scares me. Have you ever followed a person out of the room, then get disappointed when they are no longer in eye view and you can't see them anymore? That is how I feel when he comes and goes.


Since I can remember I have never been the type of girl that would just walk up to man and ask him out, or even the time for that matter. I simply can not do it. Just the mere thought of walking up to man (I find attractive) and asking him to have coffee or whatever, freaks me out. I don't believe in approaching men in the first place, but even if I did believe in it, is it the right thing to do? When it comes to matters of the heart, should a woman approach a man?


Now because of this phobia, my girlfriend made the comment that perhaps I am not being myself, and the real me might not have a problem asking this man or any other man out for that matter. Which leads me to the first point I made about Superman. Is my hesitation towards men really my disguise? Could I have this other side (my true side) that is strong and assertive when it comes to men? I for one say "hecks naw" I can't even imagine myself being any other way then the way I am now. It sort of makes me laugh to think of what I would even say to him if I were given the opportunity.


...wavy screen and violin music...


"Hello *******"

"Hey how are you?"

"I'm good how are you?"

"I'm good. (touching my hair) I like this hairstyle. Looks nice on you."

"Thank you." (twisting one strand of hair around my finger)

"What's up?"

"Well, I was hoping I would catch you before rehearsal starts. (moving in closer to him) what are you doing after rehearsal?"

"Nothing much, I might grab something to eat...why what's up?"

"Well how about we grab something to eat together." (spoken with an assertive tone of voice)

"Sounds good to me sweetheart."

"Then it's a date..."

"Yes, it's a date."

(and I walk off with the meanest strut put on a pair of Baby Phat Odessa boots)


...wavy screen and violin music...


I wish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1