I'm at "Anger"

Okay so I was talking to someone about this little sitch that I am going through and the person that I was talking to told me that I was going through one of the "5 Stages of Grief." Now when you think of the word grief, you think of someone (or at least I do) who has recently lost a loved one or something like that. You never think about them losing a lame, crusty a** negro! (well at least I don't) I was talking to my friend about how I seem to be faced everyday with some reminder of the man that used to be the "great love of my life" (at least that's how I felt) I was sharing with him that, it seems like I simply can not get rid of this fool (sorry Lord) from my life. This is when I began to ramble on about things that have taken place since I met him, and how I have felt since meeting him, and how I feel since he has been gone. For the life of me I couldn't remember the last time I was that angry and I have to say...I don't like this feeling at all. Sure I let it go him go and all of that, but somehow I am so furious with him that it is effecting my relationships with other men. Even those men of which are just my friends. (because I do believe men and women can be friends...shooks one of my best friends is a man) Anyway, as I was on my tyrant, he stopped me and told me that I was on "stage 2" Now in my mind I'm thinking what the mess is he talking about some stage 2. Here I am pouring my heart out and he is calling me a drama queen! This is when I ask him to break it down for me...

"Danni, grief is a somewhat commplicated and misunderstood emotion. Yet, grief is something that, unfortunately, we must all experience at some time or other. We will all experience loss. Whether it is a loss through death, divorce or some other loss, the stages of grieving are the same. There are five stages of grief. If we get stuck in one stage or the other, the process of grieving is not complete, and cannot be complete. Therefore you are not healing. A person MUST go through the 5 stages to be well again...you know to heal. Healing is different for each person, but ALL 5 stages must be completed for healing to occur." Deep ain't it?

The 5 Stages of Grief (just in case you were wondering) are:

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

I am now in my "Anger" stage and guess what folks...I stuck!

I passed the denial stage late last year, and the sad part is I was so unware that I was even in a grieving processes. I just thought I was trying to hold on to something that was no longer mine. I had a vice grip on that thing! I was denying all the things I was told and all the signs that I had seen, and most of all the voices that were in my head telling me to "give it up and turn it loose" but I was not hearing any of that there mess! Now though I have to say that I have my head on straight and now that I know that I am going through the 5 stages of grief, I must prepare myself for the next step...

Can you say "Bargining"

U.W.R.A...Go Bears!




Comments

proacTiff said…
OMG! Call me. You truly won't believe me when I tell you how much THIS hits home...
Didi Roby said…
I will...or should I say I have! Calling again at 12:30noon!
She Her Me said…
See? there you go!

We gotta get out of number 2. It feels like sh*t. hahaha...get it?

Anyway, keep your chin up, girl. When all else fails, buy some more shoes!
Didi Roby said…
@Stephanie...

Did someone say shoes! Now those make me feel muuuuuuuccccchhhhh better!

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1