The Little Year That Could...(have killed me)


Okay so it is a new year and that means new things are about to happen. The old things maybe be old, but they still exist. I had a really wonderful year through all the problems, ups and downs, ins and outs, situations and circumstances. I have to say that I had a pretty good year over all. 2006 in review:

January: The month of "New beginnings"
I had gone through so much in 2005, that I was more then ready to start a fresh in 2006. I was working as a Kindergarten teacher and was going on 10th year there, when all Hell broke loose! So I got what I thought was my dream job at this world wide bank...then of course that went bust, so I left and was jobless for a moment...but
I SURVIVED!

February: The month of "Growth"
During this month I learn a lot about how to keep my feelings OFF my shoulder. I grew up mentally and spiritually. I had a lot of help with this process let me tell you....Tara and Temple are their names...T&T is what we call them....KABOOM! Anyway, they meant well I know, and the way they act is no reflection of what's truly in their hearts. (I hope so at least) They really gave your girl the once over. I mean they let me have it in more ways then one. You see I have a problem when people speak to me in a harsh tone...okay okay my feelings get hurt! I can't stand it! But that is how T&T broke me all the way down. Now whether or not they were right or wrong...it was for my good.

March: The month of "Change"
This is the month I got off of pub.....pub......public aid (link card) and got myself a real job. I hate the word job, but here lately it feels like one to me. I had been asking my sister to talk to her boss and let her know that if anything ever became available, that I was the girl for the job. This had been going on for months. In fact I even had an interview with her back in September 05 but turned the job down. Well, my sister told me in late Feb that her boss had been trying to contact me concerning the position I had turned down months earlier and that's how I went from volunteer, link card holding helper at the church, to a new and improved, refrigerator full, woman of God. Also during this month my long time guy friend and I got back together...but did it last? Keep reading!

April: The month of "Dealing with Spirits"
At this point in the year I was settling into my wonderful new job and things were going pretty darn good I must add...that is until my then co-worker came out of her bag and become who I affectionately call the "snitch" She was crazy as hell! She was really weird...I'm talking Willy Wonka weird. She was also very prejudice come to find out. And not just towards blacks...but towards anyone who looked a certain way. She was truly a hot mess. She made my job so hard. There were times I didn't want to even walk into this place because she was so outrageous. Now I know I can be a pill sometimes, but at least I knew how to leave my jive at home. Needless to say I had to go through this season of "dealing" for quite a while. Can any one say
"longsuffering"

May: The month of "Heartache and Pain"
Man my heart was so broke during this month it wasn't even funny. 1st I find out that this guy I really liked and should have taken a chance on (instead of wasting my time with that lame a** "T") was getting married. 2nd my ex lover "the minister" came to my house and called me everything but a child of God. 3rd started dating a policeman who had cancer and then he passed. Not to mention the hurt my friends and family caused me...then I bit my jaw an unheard of 12 times in one month. I thought I was going to need stiches or some ish! Let's talk about something different....(mean muggin and nostrils flared)

June: The month of the CAR!!!
I was so ready for a car it was starting to make me and the Lord sick of me. I just thank God He didn't give it to me via His "Permissive Will" but, He gave it to me because I deserved it! God knew I would do right by this wonderful blessing. In the past I had not been in a place to receive such a blessing, and I knew it. I was more concerned about Shoes, Handbags, and way too expensive Jeans to care about a car....but when I got this job in South Holland, IL and had to ride three buses and a train in my best shoes...oh I got over it ASAP! I mean folks were getting on my nerves on the CTA...I even got harassed by some pervert! I mean he felt me up on the freakin bus for crying out loud! So that was definitely the last straw. I needed a car and I wasn't stopping til I got one.
Well I was talking to a friend of mine and she hooked me up with this dealership that was granted to put me in a car fast! So I walk in with NO MONEY mind you and I walked out 2 days later with a brand new 2006 Cloud White Nissan Sentra w/Gray interior! It was fresh off the show room floor folks! At first they were going to give me a used car which looked really nice. It had a sun roof and automatic start, but I liked it anyway. Well God had another plan and blessing for my life. I didn't have to put one single cotton pickin dime on my car! It was truly a blessing from my Father. And to this day I am enjoying my car!

July: The month of "Phony friends"
This was the month that I lost a GANG of friends...well "so calleds" as I call em. I mean the real them was just pouring out like a faucet. The real "who they were" was such a shock, that began to ignore my other friends, even some I had made on this here very blog. I was so disappointed in people it was ridiculous! But as you that have been in the same boat as I know
...."It's their loss."

August: The month of "Throw Backs"
In this month I went back and forth with several guys from my past...one in particular "T"... that it was ridiculous! I was dating this police man in this year, broke it off and then got back with him, then broke it off again (due to un-natural causes of course) Then there was "hottie dude" from my old apartment building that I re-introduced myself to at this fab wedding I went to that year. I really thought it was going to work, but as it turned out...we wanted different things. I am not "commitment-phobic" Then of course there WAS "T"....he and I just can't seem to get it together. And at this point in my life....I DON"T CARE! He just doesn't see me for who I really am and that's his problem not mine. So go on and play with your "Myspace" whores....see if I care!

September: The month of "Fabulousness"
This is the month I turned 33 years old!!!! And damn it I look good!!! I feel more fabulous now...then I had ever felt before. I already had pretty great self esteem...but now it is off the chain!!! I am in good health, in my right mind, and I am living life to the fullest. How fabulous can I get? Thank you Father for life health and strength! And a sound and sober mind!

October: The month of "3 fold blessings to come"
God told me to get up and go...and that's exactly what I did. I packed up my ish and left my old life behind me. I moved out of my old raggady, well beneath me apartment and......moved in with my girlfriend......Okay not into a new more fabulous home...but this is my rest stop on my way to what ever it is that God has for me! And wait here I shall.

November: The month of "Refinement"
Man I tell you my new co-worker who was sent by God to test my faith...my will power....my restraint...my salvation... and my strength...TRIED TO KILL ME! Not literally, but spiritually. Now ya'll know I will leave a bad sitich in a min....but this time I rode that wave til it rested on solid ground. Her name is Darcey and she is the sweetest thing ever....HOWEVER she is just a tad bit IRRITATING and HIGH STRUNG! Plus she is a teenager trapped in grow person's body! She whines and acts like a child upon anything that seems to hard for her. I will blog about her later. Well wouldn't you know she spills into the next month....

December: The month of "Tears and Fears"
I just knew that when this month came I was going to lose my dang frang mind! But I didn't. I kept my cool and talked about her (Darcey) when I left work....(sorry Lord) Anyway, this girl is way more then a notion! I just knew that she would stop with the "Jessica Simpson dummy girl act" and upgrade herself to something different...but she still hasn't done that. Well after discussing this matter with my Pastor, I was told to just "Keep my mouth shut" and that's exactly what I did and that is exactly what I'm still doing now. This was also the month for my Sisters 38th birthday and the Katt Williams concert!!!! Had a blast Millz!

Throughout last year I had some ups and some downs....but through them all I stayed true to one person and one thing....ME! I told myself long time ago that I was going to be the best me that I could possibly be....and I am improving more and more everyday.


How was your year!
U.W.R.A:)

Comments

proacTiff said…
First to grace your space. . . Happy New Year, friend of mine! Now you weren't talking about me were you? I'm still around, just healing and dealing with a few demons of my own. Yes, I know I must snuff them out via words. Maybe soon. Maybe? Anyway, you have had one hell of a year, baby girl. And you are "still standing" like Bishop Morton sings. I would love to "ketchup" with you, but alas, I need your contact number (again). I will be sure to email you in private. I'm all on the "Be 'bout it!" tip this year and have been making strides doing the darn thing -- that I say I'm going to do. So look for my PM and I will be in touch.

Hugs and love ... And I see you are still "pimping" my closing. At least you keep it "on the low" with the acronyms. *wink*

Your Floridian-sister-girlfriend-twin (9/17, baby baby),

Pro'
Didi Roby said…
Awwwwww I am crying over here girl. I have been missing on you twinny friend like crazy. During my move I lost contact with a lot of folk. And yes I was talking about you....just about the friends that I neglected...not "my so calleds" LOL You know we are thick as thieves. Florida stand up! Stand up! Emailing you now! Love you girlie!
proacTiff said…
I sent you my info via email. Yay! TTYL.
Unknown said…
This is one long post. Neat personal year in review. I will have to come back and read the rest. Until then have a wonderful weekend!
A Sistah Lovely said…
Your capture of the year was expressed eloquently.

A beautiful reflection piece of tears, fears, joys and triumphs.

Happy new year.
Didi Roby said…
Thanks ASL!!! I tried to write this piece as a way of cleansing for my soul. I had been through so much that I felt it would be a shame not to give the Devil a black eye! I am improving daily girl!
Rose said…
Wow...you told your story vividly...I don't know if I could capture my last year like that...
toneec42 said…
I know I couldn't recount what happened to me last year... it's all a blur! But you did a wonderful job. I'm happy to know you are feeling better - God answers prayer and know you are always in mine. God bless and Happy New Year!
Didi Roby said…
Toneec42...
Let me say this, it was so hard for me to recall those things that have hurt me,but I am so glad that Iwas able to do so. It is such a cleansing for me to let that stuff GO! Always good to see you over my way, and I do know thast you are praying for me. Trust and know that I am doing the same for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1