You say Nineveh, I say Nevada




Okay so I applied for this position that will require I move from Chicago to Las Vegas, Nevada and I have to say that I am contemplating the idea a whole lot. I mean I have lived in Chicago my whole life (minus my stint in Minneapolis) and I have to say that Nevada is looking pretty darn good. I have been to Las Vegas twice and I had fun both times, however I never dreamed of moving there. I am not one for the gambling scene but I have to admit the place is guite impressionable. It was like "Bright Lights Big City" when I stepped off that plane for the first time, and the city looks amazing at night...still I have my doubts.

I was watching 'Bruce Almighty' last night (hee-larry-ous movie by the way) and while I was watching it Jonah popped in my head. I began to think of how Jonah was told by God to go into the Land of Nineveh and Preach the Gospel to the people and how Jonah was affraid to go. Now I'm not saying that God told me to go to Nevada but this story still applies. Let me explain. I posted an update on my myspace page that read: "goodbye Chicago, hello Las Vegas...?" and one of my friends sent me this msg. Now, first I want to say how much I appreciate him leaving me this msg and how much it blessed my soul to see someone (other then me) concerned about my spirit man. He says: "Vegas has some strange spirits...be mindfull." like I said this blessed my soul. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but Vegas has legalized the hooker game and folk are lovin it! So just to recap a bit: Las Vegas + Gambling + Legal hookers = Sin City! Why on earth would a good Christian woman like myself want to go to a place that is about 90% contrary to the Word of God?...this I can not explain right now.

Jonah did not under no uncertain terms want to go to Nineveh (as outlined in the book of Jonah in your Bible) as instructed by God, but he went anyway...well after being spit out on dry land by a whale, but nevertheless he went. I think that if the Lord my God grants me permission to go to Nevada (according to HIS will not my own) then HE will equip me with the Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding in order to survive there. I believe that HE will Lead, Guide and Protect my path from all things that are un-like HIM.

All things considered it diffinetly has it's share of "Pros and Cons" and I am so in the "contemplation" stage of this venture...besides I haven't even been offered the job yet so who knows, maybe God will pull a ram out the chitown bush just in time.

...you say Nineveh, I say Nevada...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1