Meet The Friends?


Okay so I have been working at the ministry building of my church for the past few weeks and I have to say that it has been very very rewarding. At first I was a little bit uneasy about working there because I didn't always get along or have good experiences with some of the workers there. *aka church folks*, but I have to say I am truly enjoying them and their company. I am getting a better understanding of them and their ways. I have always felt like when ppl say things to me that were mean or hateful , that they had a nasty attitude or something, but I am finding out that they might not have an attitude at all; that it doesn't have anything to do with me at all. They are just having a bad day and need someone to take their frustrations out on...and it just happened to be me at that time. Not that, that makes it right, I just have to learn how not to take everything so personally. I am learning that God is not concerned with what ppl or how ppl treat me...he is concerned with how I react to what they do. My reaction is what he is most concerned about. Well all the spiritual things said, I got madd drama to fill my ppl on.

Okay so first off I went to visit my other kinfolks in the NYC...I only stayed all of about 5 hrs Brooklyn and Diva. Seems as though my great grandmother is ill. Now I wasn't going to go but a friend of mine was going, so I just tagged along for the ride...that's right ride and it was long as heck! I will never do that agian without at least hitting one or two shops along the way. Well anyway when I got there she looked bad. She didn't even recognize me. Which I didn't feel to bad about, because I hardly know her either. She told everybody that she wasn't going any where yet, and to keep the faith...sorry if I sound a bit mean here but...okay. Anyway I came home shoe free, and reflected on the whole experience...what I life she has led so far. I know she must be tired...I would be ready to go home with the Lord.

Next I was invited to a dinner with a few of my guy friends, friends. First of all let me just say I wish I would have stayed home folks...because dude was acting so dang phony it was rediculous! We arrived at the resturant late first off, then he gave me this quick 30 sec over view of all his friends. He said one was a loud mouth with a loud mouth girlfriend. One was a thug with more money then he needs and a girlfriend that only wanted to spend it. And the other was in college and looking for a nice girl to chill with and might have his sister with him. Oooooh what fun this is going to be right?...Right.

We walk in and he begins to act all lovey dovey with me like he does that ish on the regular. So he intro's me and just as he told me at the door, they were indeed who he said they were. You could here the loud mouth dude from the ladies room, and the thug offered to buy everything we wanted...him I wasn't mad at trust and know...okay!!!!! But the college dude wasn't at all what I expected. He was very interesting don't get me wrong...he was just a litttle too darn flirty for me. My guy friend was too busy faking the funk that he didn't even notice...jerk! I mean this college dude was giving it the ol college try ya'll...right in front of my guy friend. Now that's GANGSTA! Lucky for my friend college dude was not my type.

Anyway after long and loud conversation, money talk and hands of my knee...I was ready to go and faked a headache. Whoever said that meeting your guy friends, friends was a good idea...they lied!

The Nerve of Some Men. Like I like You Like That!
U.W.R.A:)

Comments

Unknown said…
People can seem unfriendly when they are having a bad day. I know I do!!! :)
DramaFree said…
I thought I was the only one that faked a headache. It's either that or pretend to fall asleep...which lately I have been feigning the latter lol.
Hell, I even faked a headache (and gastro problems too) to esape some of my homie's people.

Between my college peeps (I will not dare say the "F" word), my military guys, the homies from the old neighborhood and the Chicago poetry circle, there are a lot of people I would rather avoid.

Frat... There, I said it.

I'm just glad you made it back here safely. Sounds like you need a stress free weekend to get some of that dirt off your shoulder complete with some sort of spa treatment. Winter and work ain't no joke right now.

And to think that you was all up near the fashion district and didn't even cop a bootleg purse...

Wow.
Anonymous said…
faked headache always works wonder :D or.. stomach ache ;)
PAINKEY said…
I think its a good thing you did go, now u know that ol dude is a phoney.
Glad you got to get to know your church folks. But, as church folks, they must know that no matter what you got going on in your life, it aint nobody eles fault. God looks down on them too!

Have a great weekend!
G. Cornelius said…
Dig the post and the blog...Will be back...I'll keep you posted
Didi Roby said…
LOL @ Hassan's comment!!!!

That's the truth and funny as heck:)

Postings as I type:)
Brea said…
Ah, yes, that reoccurring headache... ;)
Rose said…
I have those too Dee-Dee.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1