Happy Me Day!!!



Okay so yesterday marked the 26th year I spent St. Valentines Day Sans Amor' aka alone in love. I used to hate Valentines Day with as much passion that can rivial any romantic movie. But this year I think I have come to grips with the fact that I am one...single...alone and not so much afraid of that idea as i used to be.

I can remember my first Valentines Day experience, it was when I was 6 years old and my Mother was taking me shopping for a new pair of shoes...even at 6 I was a shoe diva:) Anyway, we went to a department store and I saw all the beautiful decorations and pretty pink and red boxes and paper and the most beautiful ribbon I have ever seen. Then I saw grown ups buying things like jewelry, candy and candles. My mother told me that they were buying those things for their husband/wives or girlfriends/boyfriends. I thought that was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard of. I mean the fact that someone thought so much of someone that they wanted to make them smile. And that person was going to recieve one of those special gifts. Imagine how that person was going to feel when they were prsented with that special gift from that special some one...oh it made me smile just thinking about it. I couldn't wait til I was old enough to get married or have a boyfriend so I could experience Valentines Day in that way.

Well needless to say that 26 years have gone by and I have yet to recapture that feeling I felt when I was 6 years old. However every year my Mother always gives me a box of chocolates and that makes me feel special enough. I won't tell you guys some dumb a** speech about how "I Love myself and that is enough for me"...shooks I wrote and published that bullish. But I do feel that every man and woman wants and needs to feel special...so I declare everyday Valentines Day so that all the lonely ppl won't feel to bad. *wink*

Sans Amor'...did I spell that right?

Comments

Superstar Nic said…
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being alone. I think that more women should consider that instead of putting up with bullsh*t from a man. Too many feel that they would rather have any piece of a man than be alone.

My mother told me last night that no matter what I should always make sure I do something special for myself and love myself on Valentine’s Day regardless of whether I have a man or not.

My sister has a boyfriend and made this nice romantic dinner only for everything to blow up in her face last nite and end up pissed off.

Be patience, Mr. Right will come along. I know that it gets lonely sometimes, but use those times to get in touch with yourself and when Mr. Right comes, please don’t forget to send me an invitation to the wedding (smile).
Meadow said…
You hopeless romantics... Or should I say *hopeFUL* romantics? :)

Good to see you back, girlie!
Brea said…
You'll recapture that feeling of when you were six one day. I just know it!!
PAINKEY said…
hey girl, valentines is so over rated and exaggerated.
anyhow, glad you are taking on a new perspective of things.

well, I hope soon, you find someone worthy of your time ;)
Didi Roby said…
Thanks Nickie...for sharing and understanding...I am enjoying being me girlie believe that there!:)

Wow! Dee...now that's love right there...your youngest son really knows how to make a woman smile:)

Thanks Brea...:)

Goddess...and you know me man!!!:)

Just reading over here don't mind me....:)
brooklyn babe said…
Too much emphasis is placed one day, for one to feel validated - by someone else's love...
A bunch of malarchy... if you ask me... be in love with love, period.

Greatest trick, Retailers, pull, to get you to buy and consume that B.S.
Validate yourself....
I don't celebrate most calender (commercial) holidays...
Just for that same reason, it can evoke in people.... making single people, feel like their aliens or something if they don't have some one sending them some "hot air" and what not....lol

Okay let put that on Pause... chick you're loved!
Bk over and out!
Nothing like a box of chocolate from mom.
Didi Roby said…
Awww BK I can always count on you to put things in perspective...:)

Princess...I need that again did you get my msg?

Forgiven...
I have been reading you...just been crazy over here latley:) Thanks love...I try to be...and stay that way:)
Unknown said…
Personnaly I don't really see what the biggie is about valentines day. If you love someone you sould have to wait for a special day to do something special for them.
Anonymous said…
yup... agree with stunner...

to me... everyday is valentine's day... in fact if i have to wait my man to do li'l/special things for me only on the special day, then it's not special anymore :)
Rose said…
Alot of folks are sad on this day because of what it is supposed to mean. Unfortunately. I think folks should show love everyday. My husband and I tell my daughter everyday that she is loved. On Valentine she gets roses, flower and a card and some type of teddy bear from us. At least from her parents she will know that we will come though for her. WE DIDN'T WANT HER TO GROW UP THINKING THIS WAS A DAY FOR LOVERS ONLY...THEN IF SHE RECEIVED NOTHING SHE WOULD BE SAD.
toneec42 said…
Man do I agree with BK. Don't celebrate / tell me how much you love me one day out of the year; tell me all the time. Better yet, show me. And I'll show you (mine).
Besides I don't like red, I don't like chocolate and I don't like sappy. Makes it hard on a guy, huh? At least that's what he tells me. :)
I missed y'all! Smootches!
Didi Roby said…
I Love this song too InsaneMa!

I can't change it!!!:)

Just reading don't mind me:)
Cherise said…
Miss Dee- Dee where you been? I miss u and need your prayers...
Love, Reese

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1