Almost that time...

Why is it that no matter how old you become, ur parents (esplly ur
mother) have a way of making you feel like a kid again? I mean it is so
weird to me that I am approaching 34 in 3 days and my Mother still
treats me like a child. Not to mention how she talks to
me...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I just want to scream at the top of my lungs
sometimes.
We live in the same house (well its my sisters house...don't ask) and I
try my best to stay out of her way. I know that the person I am and the
way I think sets her off, so I mind my own business. But then there are
times when she will need me to do something for her or with her, and no
matter how hard I try to make things smooth; I can't seem to do/say
anything right.

Take tonight for instance. I have been gone from my first apt which has
gone condo since october of last year. And since that time I have moved
not once...not twice...but three times. Now keep that in mind ur gonna
need that info later. My oldest nephew was taking out the trash and when
he returned, we find there are no more big garbage bags left. So my
Mother says to me "where are those big black bags u bought from walmart
that time?" Now I'm thinking to myself what time is she talking about. I
don't remember buying any bags so I say "I didn't buy any black bags
ma..." She starts yelling at me which makes me upset. Then out of
nowhere she says "I'm talking about the bags u bought when u moved..."
and I go "moved from where?" and you know what she said.... "when you
moved from 81st street!" Folks 81st street was my 1st moved I told you
about last year...how the heck would I know where those bags were
now?!?!

I aksed her to stop yelling at me about things I don't remember and she
goes off even further. Its a no win situation I think. Because on one
hand I would never yell at my Mother, but on the other hand I hate it to
no end when she does and I feel like screaming everytime.

When all is said and done I wind up feeling bad and losing sleep. I hate
confrontations disputes, strife or battles of any kind. I really do. And
everytime we do it makes me think about all the other hurts in my life.
I hate feeling like this. I quit....


Until we read again...
Dee

Comments

LoveMyselfFirst said…
i can totally relate. my mom and i butt heads a lot and it doesn't get any easier with age. i think the key is to try to become more understanding and to learn to ignore her. try to not let it get to you. easier said than done, i know. good luck. i'm sure it'll all end up being fine

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1

On The 8th Day Of Bullsh*t!