The "Call"

With my heart beating faster then a child that braves a roller coaster
for the first time, I pick up the phone and begin to dial. 773-8....I
can't believe I'm doing this.

My fingers tremble with fear that my brain has relaid and I hang up fast
right before the last digit is pressed. Telling myself to breathe, I
begin to think of 100 reasons to make the call and 1000 reasons not to.

Finally I get up enough brave to dial again...773-8..-.... all the
digits are displayed on the screen. I stare at the phone as my heart
skips a beat. It feels like it's about to pop right out of my chest.

I am so nervous right now. What if he doesn't answer? What if he doesn't
want to talk to me? What if another girl answers the phone? Forget
it.....I put the phone down again.

Why do I torture myself like this? Where has my nerve gone? Why does he
make me feel like this? Only he can make me feel like a school girl on
the first day. Scared to death!

I hate this feeling. Forget it, I'm calling. Beep beep beep-beep beep
beep-beep-beep-beep-beep send......its ringing. I begin to sweat. What
will I say when he answers? It's still ringing....it's still
ringing....voicemail....whew!
Until we read again,
Deirdre

Comments

Unknown said…
LOL! I hate when I get the jitters to call that special someone I met for the first time! Just take a deep breath and do it!
Didi Roby said…
@ Stunner:
LOL...u are right. And can u believe I still haven't made that call....non-sense.
Xave said…
Hey hey! ;-)

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay (LoversA.blogspot.com)
u write well. glad i stumbled this way, but I followed ALI. u write well and jones u calling sounds like a lame. do come and see me one day

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1

On The 8th Day Of Bullsh*t!