Does That Make Me A Hater?




If one more person uses the term "You Hatin" or "You just a hater" I think I might scream! We have gotten so out of touch with reality it is a shame. Why does a person even ask your opinion if they are going to later call you a hater? I am so over that turn of phrase it's not even funny. Here is the reason I had to blog twice in one day.

A friend...well an acquaintance of mine called me at work to ask my "opinion" on an outfit she was wearing on a blind date this evening. I normally don't give out Fashion advice to everyone, because most people will do or say what this young lady said and that will make me do 1 of 2 things: A. Make me really angry. or B. Make me tell you that you look fine knowing you look a mess and send you out on the town looking a fool! Well needless to say she got the latter. I asked her to send me a photo of the outfit via an email and I would give it a look-see. She sent me the photo (taken by her with a cell phone no doubt) standing in front of a mirror of some kind. *I don't care for those photos* I take a look at it and the first thing I noticed about the outfit is that there was no silhouette. She is a fuller figure woman and she should *in my opinion* slim the waist down creating an elongating effect, rather then make her body appear bigger. Plus her Shoe choice was all wrong. She was wearing a calf length skirt, so she should have chosen an elegant flat or a wedged heel. Instead she went for a calf hugging boot which by the way was not appropriate for this season.

After giving her outfit a once over I told her exactly what I just told you and do you know what she said...that's right... "Whatever Dee, you just a hater..." I wanted to scream I tell you! Why did you call me?! Why didn't you simply wear your outfit and leave me out of it?! I really didn't have to know what you were going to wear...truly I did not.

Then I turn on my laptop when I get home, to catch up on a few blogs and such and some woman made a comment about Soloange and the fact that (in her opinion) she can not sing. And wouldn't you know someone called her a hater as well...why can't we as a people have an opinion anymore without someone calling us a hater or thinking we have some ill conceived thought behind the things we say. It's so disappointing to know that Freedom of Speech has been chalked up to an Ebonics Trend , and some how in the past several years we have made a mockery of it and now everyone is a hater!

I don't care for Rap music *esplly Nelly*, does that make me a hater? I don't care for long nails with over the top designs on them, does that make me a hater? I don't think heavy woman should wear those leggings that have come back in style, does that make me a hater? I could name a million things I don't particularly care for, and just because I don't care for them, does that make me a hater?

Look bottom line if you don't want to hear what I have to say about ANYTHING, then don't ask me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Deirdre, I don't know you, but I have been secretly reading your blog for a few weeks now. You make me laugh, and I also like that you keep it real.

Love how you tied together free speech and the concept of "hatin'." Brilliant! You know, if that person did not want to hear your opinion, she should not have asked for it. The fact is, you're not a hater, but she sure is hatin' on you for having an opinion!

The image you posted is HILARIOUS! She's holding a bible, too! LOL! Love it!
Didi Roby said…
Well thank you Lu! I see you caught that bible huh...lol Good times.

After i posted this blog I had to go back and read it again. I thought the free speech tie in was pretty good at the end. Some people and some things make me think a litle harder...lol

Thanks for reading my love! Be Blessed:)
Didi Roby said…
Thanks for u wonderful words Rebecca.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1