The Uniform by SpectrumD


Okay so I have this new incredible career working in this world wide Doctors office and I couldn't be more happy and proud of myself for sticking with my guts and leaving that old job and letting the Lord do his thang in my life. I mean ppl were telling me I was stupid for quitting my old job and saying that it was a big mistake...but I didn't waver at all. I stood strong in my beliefs and sowed my time and energy into the ministry and look how God has showed up and showed out in my life!

Since leaving my old job in Dec of 2005...I have gotten new digs, new home furnishings (which includes a fridge, stove, dinning rm set, couch, love seat and a brass cabinet)And all without paying for a single thing! A new job...no make that career making more money then the last job paid! Full benefits, PTO(as of now!) 3 weeks vacation time, paid schooling...and a company car if I need it. Ain't God Good!

I tell ppl all the time..let go and let God. Cause when he does it...it's done right! Now on to the bad news of this hear post...Every job I have ever had was uniformed and dress codes...so I thought that I was going to finally have a position where I could finally wear some of those wonderful suits and things I paid so much money for. Well wouldn't you know it, the third day of working the manager comes and tells us we will have to wear a uniform effective April 1st!!!!! WTF?

Oh well, 9 out of 10 ain't bad I guess:)...How's your NEW going? (If you have one)

Comments

Unknown said…
Congrats on your job...damn you gettin some serious doe and benefits! Do they have anymore positions vacant?:)

It's your life so it's up to you to make yourself happy, not waht others think you should do. Stick to your belief and relay on got to show you the way.

Please...The uniform ain't nothing to get worked up about. It even makes life a bit easier.
CQ said…
Congrat on your new job! Gurl, you know when God is in the midst, ain't no half stepping. I am glad that you didn't need for anything while you were unemployed. God is so good! Continue to believe and have faith and you can God will continue to allow you to be victorious. I wish I had to wear a uniform, it would lower my dry cleaning bill. LOL
Anonymous said…
Congrats on your new life!! Keep putting God first and you'll definitely go far!

Now you'll have to find some other reason to wear those fine suits and things. Maybe joining an organization of some sort?

Great blog, I love the art!
Anonymous said…
wow... i'm happy to hear about your new job. congratulation, girl. everything is going good... well, beside the uniform part :)

new NEW is going good so far... it's not work related, tho ;)
Brea said…
Awww, I'm so happy for you!!
Paula D. said…
Girl that took guts! I'm wrestling with my career choice right now. Good for you & in the words of Kanye West...'go head girl go head get down!'
DramaFree said…
Hugs Ma!!

Congrats on the new gig Dee~Dee!! God is good!! You're right, everything always works out when HE does it.
Didi Roby said…
Stunner...now you know I loves my clothes and shoes love! This uni is going to hurt me bad...lol:)

l'Oguent...
You're right about that dry cleaning bill:)

Miss lady ma'am...
Coming by to visit you soon...thanks for stopping by:)

'Ka...
What's your new?

Brea...
Thanks ma!

Nevah...
I sure will...thanks!

Paula D...
Thanks ma! Love that pic girlie:)

Livingsingle...
Hey Chica! Yes he is..all the time:)What's good girl? What's your new?

Just reading folks don't mind me...:)
Anonymous said…
this year, my new(s) start from moving to new city, meeting new people, looking for new job, facing new dramas :D... but hopefully i'll have similar new as yours :)
Didi Roby said…
'Ka...
Sounds wonderful sweetie! I want to move to a new city as well...one step at a time my mommy says:)
brooklyn babe said…
Did somebody mention good news... GOOD DEAL.

I know the feeling of "freeing" yourself from a job, I did that last August and glad to leave that Plantation behind.

Kudos Ma!

P.S. You've been tagged! (Ugggh!)
Didi Roby said…
Okay BK...what did you do?...let me go see....:)
PAINKEY said…
Hey Dee-Dee, sorry I havent been by in a while but I have been busy with a few things. I am so happy for you. I am happy that God has blessed you and answered your prayers and led you to where you should be. God is Wonderful!!!
As for the suits, I think you should wear them on the weekends. Who said a gurl has to look sharp only on the clock? Wear them suits girl;)
Stop by, I need some sisterly advice.
Thanks
Didi Roby said…
Painkey...
On my way love...:)

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1