What's Wrong With Being 1?

I never really understood what the big deal is about going somewhere alone. Okay so here is the sitch. There is this indoor golf place called Hollywood Park right, and I went there ALONE to have a little fun....BY MYSELF. I have always wanted to learn how to play golf, but my boobies always get in the way. Anyway I got dressed and went to play some golf.

When I got there the lady at the desk where you pay for what ever it is you want to do...you know bumper cars, mini golf, theme rides etc...asked me would I like to wait for my party before I went in. Now first of all what made her think I had party I was waiting for? I mean why can't I be alone? So I told her no, and paid for my golf game and went on in.

While waiting in the line to get my balls...*I could tell a joke there but I will leave that to Zed* The young dude at the counter asked me if I would like to wait for my boyfriend cause the bucket of balls was sort of heavy for me to carry all by myself. Now first of all what made him think I couldn't carry the bucket all by myself? I mean you don't need a boyfriend for everything do you? So I told him no, and picked up my bucket of balls and went on in.


I played a few rounds and did horribly as suspected and became incredibly hungry in the process, so I went to get something to eat. When I arrived at one of my favorite places to eat IHOP...yeah man IHOP! The hostess asked me...just one? Now she saw me come in by myself, but maybe she thought he...was parking the car or something, so I told her no just one. Then she goes are you sure, like I am not sure I want to eat alone. WTF? By now this whole thing was getting on my nerves. So I tell her no just one, grab a menu, walk in and find my own damn seat.

Well while I was waiting for a wait person to come and take my order, the person that came to the table brought me some water and said she would give my party a few more minutes before she took my order....okay now I'm PISSED! *Dee~Dee in a noticeable tone of voice*

LOOK, I AM NOT WAITING FOR MY BOYFRIEND. I AM NOT WAITING FOR MY HUSBAND. NOR AM I WAITING FOR A FEW FRIENDS SO WE CAN PASS WITTING BANTER BACK AND FORTH. I AM ALONE AND I AM READY TO ORDER. I WILL HAVE THE SAMPLE PLATTER MINUS THE BACON AND SAUSAGE. INSTEAD I WOULD LIKE SLICED TURKEY AND HASHBROWNS. I WOULD LIKE MY EGGS SCRAMBLED LIGHT WITH CHEESE AND MY PANCAKES ON A SEPERATE PLATE...WITH A RASPBERRY TEA NO ICE. THANK YOU.

Why can't a girl just have one of those days when she just wants to chill all by herself without some one thinking she is lonely? I mean grant it I do have my bouts with loneliness and what not...and I promised myself I would never eat alone...but hey I am not going to let my life slip away just because I don't have a boyfriend or husband to play golf with or to carry my balls, or to have dinner with....sometimes it's good to be by yourself. Hey it doesn't feel good trust me I know, but it's all I can do for now and I am enjoying my self time. I am getting to know me and finding out what I need and want. This is the holding pattern that God has me in right now and I am not going to let society tell me it's wrong!

Well after my meal I got up to leave and gave the wait person a nice size tip...seeing how I got just a little convicted by the tone I gave her...sorry.

What's wrong with being one?
U.W.R.A:)

Comments

DramaFree said…
What's up Dee~Dee??!! What it do?

I can SOOO relate to this post. Lately, I've been eating lunch in restaurants...by myself. At first, I wasn't necessarily comfortable with it, but it kinda grew on me. I guess partly because now I just go and sit at the bar...with the crowd of others who also came either alone or to have a drink, and harass the 'lonely' women lol. Hey, the way I see it, I don't have a man to do it with, and my life is not going to stop just because I don't.
toneec42 said…
You know I feel you, Dee Dee, but even so sometimes it does feel good to be alone. That's going to be the adjustment for me when I am married - not having alone time when I really do want and need it. I do things by myself all the time (what choice do I have) but I really do enjoy it. I like sitting in a cafe reading or surfing on the laptop; just hanging with me and my Jesus (mostly talking about when my husband is coming, but you get the idea).
Didi Roby said…
LS...

Hey ma! I am diffntly in this way right now...and like you said it does take some getting used to, but I am doing fine....shooks I went to a play by myself this month:)

ToneeC...

I feel you ma...my alone time is really doing me some good right now:)
Superstar Nic said…
There is nothing wrong with spending some time alone. Maybe if more women would try it we wouldn't have so many of these dysfunctional relationships around here.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that a woman does not always have to have somebody. My mother always told me that people should always take the time to enjoy their own company and I believe that! If you can't enjoy your own company, how can you enjoy the company of someone else?

For example, people that go from relationship to relationship w/o ever taking anytime for themselves in between. Ladies should always take some time to reflect and get to know themselves from time to time.

Of course, I'm no expert, but I think EVERYONE should spend so time alone every now and then (smile).

Wishing Very Happy Holidays to you!!!
Meadow said…
Nothing wrong with being 1. I'm 1 all the time - well, most of the time, and I love it. I love spending time alone. But I've never had people make assumptions with me like that before. That would trip me out.
PAINKEY said…
nothing dee-dee. One is a great number, everyone wants to be # 1.
Jesus is 1, God is 1, one mother, one father, 1 morning, 1 evening, 1 sun, 1 moon, 1 star that shines brighter than the others. when you find your soul mate, you two will become as one.

see, nothing at all. one is great.
and at dinner, movies, shopping, one is cheap too ;)
brooklyn babe said…
Word. Ditto on Insane's comment.
I have been out with dudes, and still felt alone.... lol.
but I'm queen of lil solo hangs for various reasons, sometimes you just dont want to hear about:
- sob stories
- why me, woes me,n' all Me-ism
- why they really want ur drawers tonight.
- Zzzzzzz, those be those dates that you just don't know what the hell they talkin about.

Mostly I just like to spend time with me, and collecting my many many thoughts... no fuss over the bill, and the tip.

go on and take ur self out baby!!!
NameLiar said…
They were just some idoits...hell when I'm alone I get my best pimpin' done.
Unknown said…
I guess people always go to those places with someone, so the assume that you have company. But it's good to spend some time alone.

i doubt I would go to the golf place alone, the gym yes, but the gulf place I would prefer to carry company.
Cherise said…
Fist of all, Merry Christmas..Happy New Year.. and give me your new damned number cause some guy named Carlos called me yesterday and told me I was fine and he wanted to know my name. He said that he's been getting my voicemail's, pics, texts ect (meant for you of course) and he just wanted to call me and tell me I was fine.. LOL
Secondly, that is my song u playing... last... I wish u lived here or vice versa.. then we'd NEVER be alone. Love ya!
Peace
..too strong for too long...
Rose said…
Gurl folks be tripping on stuff. They are not used to seeing a beautiful woman all by herself...that's all..
Didi Roby said…
Rose...

Now that's it right there ma!:)

Reesie...

LMAO!!!! You better get at Carlos...:) Chk your email for the number ma!...And I wish that too...Shooks New Years Eve we should be kicking it!:(

Stunner...

I guess so love...but it was fun!

Mills...

Call me like asap ma!:)

Brooklyn...

What it do ma! I am...and I am enjoying it..for now any ways:)

Bee...

I will be there New Years youngin...okay?

Dizyaboy...

He's back!!!! What it do papi? Thanks:)

Painkey...

You always hit it right on the nose don't you? Thanks love!

Goddess...

I thought there wasn't...hey ma!

NSearch...

You make some real good points ma:)

Insane...

Yeah ma I am enjoying it as well...Rose said it exact I do believe:)
Knockout Zed said…
They just thought a cat would be stupid to have not latched on to a woman as beautiful as you.

*walking away, counting my brownie points*

KZ
Didi Roby said…
Zeddy...

That's real talk right there papi!

*20...21...22...23.....:)*
LadyLee said…
There's nothing wrong with enjoying some YOU time, Ma. Too bad society puts such a damn stigma on such things.

I told my lil'bro a couple of years ago to make it a point to go spend a day to himself, without his boys or some dingy broad, at least once every six weeks. He thought I was crazy for saying that, but now he realizes he NEEDS that time off to himself, to enjoy himself... And he actually looks forward to it.

You do you, Ma!

Ladylee
Didi Roby said…
Sony...

LoL...me and my balls are enjoying this me time...it gets hard but I manage...:)

Ladylee...

That's some sound advice you gave your brother...he will value it later on I bet:)
Anonymous said…
life goes on, dear... time never waits for anybody... why do we have to waste our time not enjoying ourself/our life/good food, movies, etc ONLY 'cuz we're single???

being single isn't the end of the world... there're always advantages to it.. i posted something about it. hope it helps others to understand :)
proacTiff said…
Me and Emily Dickenson go way back. Hey, I'm not an only child by happenstance either. Welcome to me and Emily D.'s world of oneness.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1