Involuntary Motion And I'm Rolling Down Hill...


"...Before I knew anything that is what I said. What is happening to me? I never used to be so verbally violent. I must make some changes before I lose myself completely and end up not even recognizing myself."

10:00pm Wednesday night....

I made it to work at my normal time and proceeded to the break room to eat my McDonald's salad and have some light conversation with one of my co~workers...when...I will call her "brawd #1" came up to me and told me how pretty she thought my coat was. Now "brawd #1" barely has 2 words to say to me on any other night, so this was a shock. However your girl just went with the flow..I mean it's not my fault she is bi~polar. Anyway, I say thank you and offer her some of my salad...I mean I was trying to act like I was interested in her impromptu conversation. Well she exits stage right and then enters...were gonna call her "brawd #2" (the chick that can never seem to remember my d*mn name) and she says..."Hello" now by this time I done re~decorated the lunch room table with mountain dew as I was shocked at her even speaking to me at all! Well I say hello back and that was that...or so I thought. I know when ish is too good to be true folks...that's why I don't fall for the oke doke when it comes to certain things. I mean everytime I give these brawds the benefit of the doubt...they prove me right about them everytime.

"...But she hit me Mrs. XXXX! Not like a little tap as if to say "excuse me" or something...but like "oooh I can't stand you" type ish. By the time this happen I felt like I had no other choice but to make this decision. I do believe it is for the best."


4:30am Thursday morning....

At around this time I am re~associating my batches from earlier that night/morning, and because it comes off the machine rather fast, ppl will bring your work to you in order to keep it flowing smoothly. Well "brawd #2" comes up behind me and...hits me with said work...WTF? now you know ppl...once you get hit whether it was on purpose or by accident, your first instinct is to jump up or turn around real quick and sharp like...so you can find out what the hell just had happen. Well I jump up out of my seat and asked her why did she hit me like that. Her response was..."I thought you didn't hear me cause of your headphones." Naw Tommy!!!! she meant to hit me! Letting that ish slide, I sit back down and continue to work...for you see I was getting off soon and that was driving me at that moment to chill the freak out!

"...Come on now....throwing my work! How freakin childish can one person be. I mean she obviously has a problem with me...so why bring my work to me in the first place...right? I had no choice."

6:15am Thursday morning....

I am sitting at my desk counting the ticks and tocks on the clock thinking about my bed and how warm it's gonna feel up against my skin when....papers come flying at me. WTF? I turn around to see this lanky, sloopfooted, tacky dressed female walk away from my desk...just then I got up and said..."What is your problem?" She stopped and turn back and said..."You..." Okay folks by this time I am like so through with the whole thing that I sit back down and start to pack up my ish so I can go home. Well "brawd #2" wasn't done...nooooooo, she still had something she wanted to tell me baby! "What you got something you wanna say?" ("brawd #2 in my face)
"Chick, you better get the hell out of my face...before you suffer the repercussions of your latter choice." The latter choice being if she had chose to stay in my face folks!

"...See what I mean? I don't even recognize myself anymore...I am sweet as pie...I wouldn't hurt a fly. That was my Mother and Sister talking right then. I have truly enjoyed my experience here, and will take what I have learned to my next position...but I can no longer work here Mrs. XXXXX. I am giving you my two weeks notice as of today. My soul is at stake!"

9:10am Thursday Morning....

As I sit here at my beloved computer typing this post in my blog, I take a look around my room and think about all the things that will need to be paid once I am unemployed and you know what? I am okay...I know that I made the right decision and that my Father will provide my every need. I need to go back to school and finish my "Career...not JOB" classes anyway and I can do some temping until my Father opens another door unto me. Sometimes in life you have to be true to who you are and make decision's that can only be seen with your spiritual eyes...I did that today and I feel just fine about it too! I wanna be able to look in the mirror and say.."Hello Dee~Dee..." and love the person I see.

But Don't Cry For Me Argentina! I'll Be Fine...:)
U.W.R.A:)

Comments

PAINKEY said…
ah, dee-dee, standing up for yourself is not something you are to look at as out of character or a bad thing. I understand where you are coming from, I do, but think of this like they way God has it thought. Right now with the things are in this world God is not happy. The devil is slappin him in the face every minute with the bad things that happen. In the end, God will let his son handle this. He is gonna put the devil in his place, it wont be nothing nice, and in the end, good will prevail. You have to look at it like that dee-dee. You are taking and taking the slaps in the face, you can only take so much. You have to stand up for what's right. You will be doing a good thing. Not something that changes who you are. I give you much props and have mad respect for you bc you are taking the high road and removing yourself from the problem. Deep down inside, you have to feel like
slappin that brawd. I know I do.
I aint tryin to preach ma, just my two cents, thats all.....
She Shall said…
"Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out."-– James Bryant Conant

You get a standing ovation from me girl! For having the courage to take a leap! I applaud you! I am on the verge of a similar journey and you have reinforced the importance of it by your actions. Great things await you, ma!
Blessings! Tif
NameLiar said…
Man, man, man, man, man, oooh wee...Broads know they be trippin'. I'm holding my angry tongue right now as I am trying to be peaceful this holiday season but there are some things that come to mind.

I will hold them for now.
Knockout Zed said…
Those chicks are off the fuckin' hook! I guess they'll get theirs one way or another. I hope it's "one way". That's so much worse!
MZPEACH said…
Lord.. I have been thinking about you all week too (I know weird huh)..I have been so worried..I don't like reading this kind of stuff.. I really don't like these kind of things happening either. I feel so bad right now. I am pissed off.
But how can I be so upset when you are not. So again, I am praying for you and I hope that all become well.
You are doing the thing huh? I'm gonna need your help with something. Did you get my email ma?
LadyLee said…
Dang Ma... Nothin' worse than broads on crack!

Kudos to you for standing up for yourself. I've had to do the same thing myself, plus I make sure shady management thinks that I, Ladylee, am just a bit "touched", i.e., "don't mess with her, she's crazy."

Go ahead and finish school, Ma! On with the next chapter of your wonderful life! I too have had to temp in the past, and it definitely is a means to an end...You'll look back on that ish one day and laugh!!
Meadow said…
Wow.

Wow.

I don't even know where to begin.

Wow.

Ok, I can't do this right now.

You will be fine, though.

Peace & Blessings
Didi Roby said…
Appreciate your two cents Painkey. Should have had you with me Sony!:) Love that quote Tiff L...and thanks for the "Revelation":) Be on stand by Mills...aight? I hope so too Zeddy...in Jesus name that is...lol:)That's not wierd at all B..that let's me know you are true blue that's all:)Chking them now Princess...:)They say I'm the wicked witch ladylee...but screw em! I say:) Awwww come on now goddess...give me something better then that! I need it!:)
Anonymous said…
Wow, another bold move on your part. Congrats. It's a good thing to remove yourself from a sitch before you self destruct. Just know that God has got your back, "He'll preserve your going out and coming in," and "He'll open a door no man can shut, and close a door no man can open." Now's the time where faith steps up where hope left off, but no worries, I know you'll do great.

Sincerely,
The Man from Eygpt :c)
Didi Roby said…
The Man from Eygpt...

I know who you are now!!! "No worries" sort of gave it away:)

I knew it had to be someone with a special desernment...Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement...they mean the world to me:)

Sincerely,
The Woman from Caan:c)
proacTiff said…
The bible said, "...that they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us..."[1 John 2:19].

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them go.
And it doesn't mean that they are bad people it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead. You've got to know when it's over.

Sage advice from "The Bishop" himself. And in this case, the gig is up. Such sagaciousness from Proactiff;).

And my Spirit feels totally AT PEACE with what your Spirit ended with.

Argentina ain't crying,

Tiff
brooklyn babe said…
Don't let no one run you ma. Until YOU ready, which is seems like you are huh?!?!?
So here's to next levels, and closed doors
(with stink jealous folks behind them!)
Lata
Superstar Nic said…
I'm with Goddess....Wow!

I don't like going to work half the time as it is, I couldn;t imagine having that kinda drama on the job, damn!
Didi Roby said…
Thanks Tiff...you know we need to talk right? Hey Dee...you know you are right about those:) I read you ma...I just never leave a comment. Bk...you have no idea babygirl! "N" yeah it's more then a notion ma...

Everyone my computer is giving me the business...it keeps shuting down!!!! I'm trying to read you guys while I'm at my Sisters house...:(
Rose said…
Sometimes it is better to walk away than to get into more trouble or problems because of others. You know I'm praying for you to find something that you will love...
Brotha Buck said…
Wow, much has happened since I've been here last. Much can be said about turning the other cheek, but that's too late now. Praying for better days.
Didi Roby said…
LMAO @ Stunner...you know that just might work love!!!! still LMAO!:) I am going back to school rose, there lies my true passion. Thanks I need your prayers. Yeah Buck my so called life has been on the fritz like my PC...but I will be fine Papi...thanks:)

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1