It Came Upon A Midnight Clear....As Day

Okay so I went to this ‘Midnight Wedding' last night, well this morning. And I have to say it was very nice. It was well planned and well thought out. It was sort of on this dinner theater vibe. I have to admit at first I thought it was going to a mess, but when I stepped into the room, my mind was changed.
Before I even got ready to go, I was telling my girl Tamika about it and she said the same thing I said when I first received the invitation….”that’s different.” I thought so too and I made things worst in my head by giving it thumbs down from the jump. But my girl Tamika without knowing it changed my mind before I even got there. I am the kind of person that has to see it to believe it…well only on something’s…for when it comes to the Lord, I never know what I’m going to get.
Well I chatted with my girl for a while then it was off to the ‘Midnight Wedding’
Now when I got the invite to this wedding that was to take place at the stroke of midnight, I was like h*ll naw! Me miss my sleep…NOT SO MUCH! Then it said “….dinner like theater… at the bottom…I was at that point going… ‘I will buy them a gift and that will be that’ but I decided to go…well three of my car-less friends decided for me.
I picked up two of my girls, and upon going to get the last one; we had this awesome conversation about life, love and finding that special someone.
The happy couple met through the hottie dude I used to live upstairs from…remember him from a blog post entitled… “Nephews, Hottie dude, Land scum oh my” Anyway, she was over my house one day and he introduced her to his friend and they have been together ever since…well they are getting married. It was tripping us (me really) out. I mean they haven’t known one another long but some how they just knew. It got us to thinking…Is it possible for two people to…just know?
This wasn’t one of those oh so sickening eHarmony commercials, but it felt like one. I mean they met, fell in love and now they well wed. It just seemed too fake to me. Like that ish don’t really happen. I fell in love at first sight once…but as it turned out I was the only one in love. All we knew was we had to see it to believe it and that’s really the reason we were going.
Well we finally got there after getting lost and for the first time in the history of wedding attending, theirs started on time. First of all it was set up like a reception and the decorations were wonderful. Her colors were sea foam and cream nice summer colors for a midnight wedding if I do say so myself. The table settings were done in silver and gold…nice! And her dress…fabulous...only whoever did her make-up, made her look plastic. Anyway, when she came down the aisle, the look on his face told it all. He looked like he could hardly wait for her to get down there fast enough. It was lovely and she was beaming from ear to ear. They created their own vows and they had two people recite them in a spoken word fashion…it was nice. Then some hottie guy friend of her fiancé sang ‘Heaven’ by Jamie Fox and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house…yeah even the dude that said there was something in his eye…"you were crying too mannnnnn!"
All in all it was such a wonderful wedding and it made me believe in love again. Because here lately I have been thinking…”what’s love got to do with it."

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. William Davis!"
U.W.R.A:)

Comments

DramaFree said…
Well, I am glad that it turned out to be a nice wedding. By the way, did you get to work on time the next day?? And more importantly, WERE THERE ANY HOT SINGLE GUYS AT THE WEDDING??
Rose said…
That was very creative. Midnight wedding. Through your description it sounded like a beautiful ocassion.
Knockout Zed said…
That's a real brand new concept. The next time I get married, it'll be at 14 o'clock on December 33rd.

KZ
PAINKEY said…
shoot, you said it right, what does love got to do with it?
anyhow, what a cute thought to have a cinderella wedding theme, with the stroke of midnight thing workin and all. I like when things work out for others because then it does make you BELIEVE again. Because Lord knows we need to BELIEVE :)

Glad you went and enjoyed yourself!
Didi Roby said…
Tam...
Well There was one hottie inparticular that I kept on running from...HELP!:)

Rose...
It was very nice...I might bite that idea if I EVER get married:)

Zeddy...
14 o clock huh? Dec 33rd...You mean that thing don't you? lol:)

Pain...
I found alot out about my self that night to tell you the truth:) I try to post on your blog but it won't let me...What's with that ma?

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1