The Throwback Template

Okay so when I first started blogging, I was using this template that I am using now. I loved it at first sight because it was Pink. It didn't have any fancy shmancy graphics or none of that...it was pink and I loved it. Well I found this new template called "Top Secret" it look like an FBI file folder and I loved it. That is until it gave me the heebeedabageebees! I couldn't get that thing to act right worth a darn. So I went back to my throwback from the gate template...hey! that rhymed:) Anyway, to mark this occasion...I am posting a throwback revelation as well...enjoy!

08.22.05 Summer Of Sommerio, An Ode To Him...* A Spoken Word Post*

(singing) How could an angel break my heart? Why didn't he catch my falling star(singing)...and make wish? Man I'm pissed! right now - at how - this manchild could go to such lengths to shut me out - without a doubt he captured me, cultivated me...I was caught! In a web of lies and deceit - I was trying to be discreet and maintain my lady like attributes, but he tasted my forbidden fruits...and all hell broke lose! Why in the hell did I give it up so quick and so soon, must have been the moon shining through that open "one room apartment between a little tiny space"...Chico Debarge said it first and love truly hurts. Sh*t! I can feel him all the way up to my throat - as he took a toke of my love - man I thought I was in love - or in heaven on cloud nine and it's about d*mn time!! I waited so long to get my groove back - but will my heart stay intact? Matter of fact - he broke it once already...got damnit! I just shoulda landed- but he didn't even know it. In the days to come I would fall deeper, deeper I would be falling into that old abyss called love. Falling like Alice into her wonderland - does he even understand, that my fall would be so long and fierce - fierce I must be in order to keep a grasp on my sensitive heart. Well I'll be d*mn! my phone has not rang in three days - I'm in a maze...naw forget this crap - we needs to rap. So I called his cell...what the hell? He's not answering, have it your way, I still gots sh*t to say. He needs to be aware...Sh*t...Sh*t..."at the tone please leave your message after the beep" (this ain't no act)"Hi it's me...I'm calling to say- if you don't want me then d*mn-it say that!!" I said it fast and quick - it made me sick to think that he was with her and not me...loving her and not me....sexin her and not me...Ahhhhhhhhhh! Time went by and things seemed great - we were talking and listening and crying and hugging and licking and sticking and missing - one another- maybe we should take this further - so I called and said come over. He came over and I went down - on him for the first time..." what's the problem? I'm I out of line?"- he said "no it's fine- you just took me by surprise."...Hell I'm surprised!! He finally left and I began to sing...Why didn't you stay...Stevie Wonder said it that way. I was wondering and wandering around in my own little place - no time - no space in between to be mean - to the man I was trying so hard to understand - He had a plan from the jump - my rump and junk got me in serious funk - I can't stand his funky little attitude...this dude- was bogus!! He kept me on a stand - didn't give me a real try...this is why....he wants her - she hates him - he needs me - she hates me - I love him - he likes me- you know what I mean? Okay so 9-20 the damage was done - in 10-20 I had some more fun...11-20 my heart was broke - I wanted to choke - his trifflin a**! Now the Summer of Sommerio is over and done and winter is on it's way - I just have one thing to say - I tell you the truth - that summer was one of youth that I did withstand - now it is dead like the people that man - killed in 77...the hottest summer the NY ever had...my bad that was the Summer of Sam and here I am with my heart in my hands and my spirit killed you know...cause that summer was the Summer of Sommerio.
*Written in 2001*

Comments

Unknown said…
Things always have a way to just go haywire at times. Well the "throwback" looks simple but cool! Nice "throwback" post too.
PAINKEY said…
hey twin ;) u know even tho twins are twins, ther is always one that is cuter than the other and urs is def. the cuter one ;)

so wierd it seems how men are exactly what our mamma's tried to warn us about. The hopeless and I do mean hopeless romantic in us all tries and tries to give them fools the benefit of the doubt...oh, well we learn from our mistakes ;)...well most do !!
Didi Roby said…
Stunner...
Thanks love!

Pinky...
See I reads my emails:) Thank you sweetie, but yours is nice as well you know.
Ain't it the truth? I can remember when this chapter of my life was finally over and done with. I felt and I still feel such a sigh of relief...I just pray that this type of mess doesn't happen again you know?
A Sistah Lovely said…
Whew!!

Girl. U Enemy of the State up in my house.

Hopeless Romantic. Painkey said it right. We are.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1