The Double Team




Okay so I absolutely hate going places with my Mother and my Sister at the same time. Oh I love to go places with them separately, but together...I'll pass! They are so much alike they don't even know it. Each one says that the other is mean and what not, when in reality...they both are! And together they are "Mean and Meaner" Here's my story....

I was at church on Sunday and at first I was going to catch a ride with one of my girlfriends and go someplace to eat. But it began to ran so hard and me without my rain coat or being dressed properly decided to call my Mother and ask her to come pick me up. *Side Note: I need a car ASAP!* So I call her and she says she will be there shortly. Now if you know my Mother shortly means just that, and if you are not ready when she arrives....you are out of luck! That woman will leave your end trust and know. So I am outside under the the church overhead thingy so not to get my new hair wet and I must have been standing there 20 min. That is not like her at all. So I call her. I say "Mother...did you forget about me?" She says in a haulty kind of tone, "I'm on my way damnit!" Now that let me know that she was not alone. Any other time she would have asked me was I outside or something. Her tone let me know that she was trying to pick a fight. See I have come to recognize the signs of "I want to argue" and I try to by pass them every time. Sometimes I am successful and other times I am not. So anyway Mother calls me right back and says... "WE are about 2 mins away. stay put and WE will be there shortly." Now I have written about my sister many blogs ago *borrowed that from Rose* and I mentioned how she can be a total b***h at times, but she is fam and I love her...I might not like her, but I love her. *Big ol Cheesy grin*

They pick me up and I wanted to share the good news with them that happen at church concerning me and my new hair. I am now a platinum blonde and it looks really nice. Got some good reviews and some bad...but that's what I love about being different. I began to tell them how I was called out (in a good way) by my pastor, and right when in the middle my sister cuts me off and says... "I don't wanna hear about that vanity mess in...was that want your pastor preached on...vanity? Please." First of all that was not the sermon, and I am not vain...entirely. I say "forget it then I won't share." That's when my Mother says "You always get your feelings hurt when people don't wanna talk about things you like." WTF? Okay so if people never want to talk about anything I like then that would be a very one sided conversation. So by now I just want to go home and get in my bed. I was cold, wet and felt a little sore throat coming on and I wasn't in the mood. I was trying to be perky and up beat through it all. I notice my sister is not going in the direction of home cause we live like 3 blocks from one another, so I ask... "Where are we going?" She goes... "I need to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things. Is that okay, or do you have an important engagement you need to get to?" My Mother just starts laugh her head off and slapping her knee. *it wasn't that funny:(* Knowing the shoes I had on were not for a strolling up and down every single isle in the supermarket, I shut my mouth and just rolled with it. When we get in there I get a phone call and it was one of my friends from church I was simply walking and talking and my sister says in a rude kind of way "Will you move princess, you are in my way..." Then my Mother says "Why do you always have to talk on the phone..." ...Cause that's what phones are for....WTF? My head was swimming. I mean one of them I can handle...but both of them at one time....my head was swimming. *Side Note: I do realize that I am acting like a whinny brat right now...but I have to be honest with my emotions. I'm not having a stroke for no one!* So then my Mother picks up a box of cereal and I simply say "Mother you should get some Cheerios, they are much better for your cholesterol. And Kim you should eat them as well." What I even act concerned for..... My sister got infuriated with me. My Sister: "First of all I don't have a high cholesterol. and even if I did it's none of your business what I eat." Me: "I was just concerned that's all..." My Mother: "No you were badgering us..." Me: No I wasn't...I..." My Sister: (rolling her eyes...so 8th grade) "Yes you were. And your one to talk. You have diabetes and you don't even take care of your feet (meaning I don't wear socks when it's cold) So don't tell me how to eat miss thang!" WTF just happen here! I'm done folks! I tell you I am done! When ever it becomes hard to just simply be concerned for your loved ones and not get your head chewed off...you know it's time to be done. They do this ish all the time. Separately they come down on me like that and I say okay fine that's just the way they are. But when they pull a "Double Team"....I can't handle it. They make me want to get a drink. Whew! Just talking about it makes my head swim.
Fam Will Be Fam I Guess.....Right?
U.W.R.A:)

Comments

NameLiar said…
LMAO! They really stuck it to you Deeds. I hate when my sisters triple team me...they always stick together because they are so close in age and they let me have it. I feel you, but I'm still laughing.

PS I want to see that hair!
Didi Roby said…
Forgiven...
I pray so to my love:)

Millz...
Dang Millz, if anyone would feel me and have complete sympathy it would be you...We are gonna laugh about this every single time we think about it...dang Millz:(...:)

P.S. I got you on txt msging babydoll!
Unknown said…
LOL! Sometimes when it's your day to get a "double team" there is nothing much you can do about it!
Brea said…
That's horrible! I don't think I could have handled that.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1