MY MOTHER...




Okay so of course mother's day is coming up and I truly can not wait. I happen to be a firm believer that Mother's should be every day, and I am grateful that the world acknowledges it as the most important day aside from the birth of Jesus...and the 4th of July. I can remember the very first day I told my Mother I loved her. It was on my 5th birthday. See I heard people say I love you before and I always thought they were saying that because they were feeling something that I was too young to know about. So when my Mother would say "I love you", I would always say..."Me Too" Like that was the normal thing for a child my age to say. Well on this particular day it was my birthday and I wasn't having a a birthday party or anything, I was simply hanging out with my Mom. We went to what was at the time my favorite place to go...Venture! How many remember that store? There was something about that place and as a kid, you think your rich when you go into a big department store like that. We were walking around and some how or another I got separated from my Mother. It was the worst feeling ever...that and a toothache. I couldn't find her...and I tried to call her name but it seemed as though there was no sir in my lungs. I remember looking around in circles...walking up and down aisles and finally crawling into some kind of cabinet case thing where they keep the jewelry. I couldn't even hear my Mother calling my name as she was looking for me...all I could hear was her voice telling me "I Love You" as she did everyday of my life. My mother never let a day go by without telling us girls (my sister and I) that she loved us. It was and still is the sweetest sound a child can hear from a parent. Esplly if one parent is all you have. Even when that woman (gotta call her that when I'm mad) would give me a spanking...or how the old folks say it "A Whoopin" she would always tell me she loved me, which as a kid you can't quite grasp that concept. But you knew it when time came for trouble to arise in your life you remember everything you were taught whether it was via a stern talking to or a whoopin...you knew right from wrong.
So as I was in that jewelry case thingy I closed my eyes and began to envision my Mother standing in front of me and remembering what she told me to do if I ever get separated from her and I began to calm down. Mother's always have that way of making you feel better even when they are not around you. It's just the things they say and how comforting they make you feel. So I opened the door and I was headed to the nearest check out counter when I heard my Mother's voice...."Dee~Dee!" I heard it so loud and clear that time. I looked up and there was my Mother. After catching my breathe from that vice grip she had me in, I said "I Love You Mommie" for the first time and truly felt what love means. To me it means to feel without seeing...and that is what I guess I have been looking for my whole life...that same feeling of love I have for my Mother...just with a spin on it.

To my Mother: "Mother, I truly, madly, deeply love you with all my heart. And as long as God allows my to breathe I will love you just the same. Through out the good times and the bad times, you have never given up and that shows me what true strength is. You are the Queen that God intended all women to be, and your reign is forever. Even at times when I am acting like a true unmistakable JERK, you find a way to love me still. Even when I seem withdrawn you find a way to love me still. Even when I don't listen...(and I have that bad now that I am grown) you find a way to love me still. Even when I am being stubborn you find a way to love me still. Even when you don't quite understand me you find a way to love me still. For all the "love me stills" I want you to know I appreciate every one of them and I Love You.....STILL:)"



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MINE AND YOURS
U.W.R.A:)

Comments

PAINKEY said…
ah, dee-dee, thats was beautiful...

Have a great weekend ;)
Anonymous said…
Oh my, your words about your mother brought tears to my eyes. Just beautiful!
MZPEACH said…
Dee~Dee always makes me cry. But this time in a very good way. :)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY DEE~DEE MOM!!!!!!!!!!

Are you taking your mother to Red Lobster Dee~Dee. I don't know any mom that doesn't love Red Lobster. Favortie dish :Ultimate Feast!..lol.

Love you Dee~Dee!
Sooo sweet! That's too cute. What's happening? I'm coming your way...email me.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1