I gotta Warm Bed


Today was a roll coaster ride of emotions for me and I am glad I am finally winding down. I woke feeling really great until I sent a text message and got a nasty response back. I wanted to throw my cell phone out the window, then of course I came to my senses. I had plans to sleep until 2pm, but those plans came to a screeching halt when Mother called to remind me about her doctors appt....man I need anther me floating around here so I can get some sleep. Anyway, I knew then my day would be jammed packed once I got out of bed. It started with a smooth drive to PT on Kildare. It's so frigging hot on that part of town, I had to find solitude in the shade a block over. Thinking I had sought much needed refuge, up walks "Sal" and his beloved dog "Louise" This older yet handsome gentleman just walked up to my ventilated window and said: "You're a beauty. Can I take you out?" Sweet as he was, I wanted nothing to do with him or his slobbering dog. So I politely brushed him off and continued to rest. Once done with PT, Mother and I headed to the store to find Pie crust for the largely anticipated 'Peach Cobbler' she was going to make this afternoon. (Yummy) A final trip to the cell phone store and a quick shoe change at the house, I was off to pick up the nephew from college.

It was to be a very nice drive. Me and my Music burning up 290 on my way to River Forest, IL. However, I was so hurt and lonely from thinking about things I should have deleted long time ago, I could barely see the road. How many times have you been driving and all of a sudden your heart has a flash back of something that hurts so bad it stings?...if you have never felt this way then good for you! I found myself sobbing like a child who lost their favorite toy. I was hurting. That's when I popped in my Rick Pino CD and let God work that thing out. By the time I reached my destination, I was feeling pretty good.

Once I returned home from the "Pick Up" as he so affectionately called it, I changed for the celebration dinner. Friday's was the spot of choice and I was so ready for some Jack Daniel's Chicken and Shrimp on my platter. When we arrived I thought I saw someone I have been missing as of late-but it was not him. I was having some sort of De'ja Vu I suppose. I did like 3 double takes and on the final take it hit me...I'm losing it! My emotions hit the roof once again and by this time I was ready to eat this feeling smooth away...

After dinner, presents and photo opts, we headed home. Knowing I would have to be the one to drive the young folks back to school, I made a call..or rather a text message to have someone accompany me for the long ride. Well, they could not come and I felt like hiding under a rock. By the time I got to the house, I made the one connection I knew wouldn't let me down. Good ole Noah V to the rescue. So with piled youngster and several bags, we hit the open road. One pit stop to 7eleven later...I was laughing, singing and dancing like my old self again.

This has been one long and mind bending day. All I want to do now is curl up in my warm bed with some soothing chai tea and a good movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1