Easy Children Chitown In The Building...It's A Fam Reunion


Well I survived the 11-7 shift at my new job with only minor issues and I tell you folks it is more then a notion! Okay so I am off Friday Saturday and Sunday. *dee-dee grinning from ear to ear* Don't hate! It doesn't get any better then that for me right there. However and there always is an however. I was chosen to be the Chitown liaison for the 2006 Plair family reunion to be held in Queens NY...wtf? Why me?

First of all I barley know these ppl and last I checked we (my fam) weren't even invited to the last family reunion so why this year? *dee-dee scratching her head* I mean these ppl don't even want my prim and proper a** at these meetings in the first place, because they know if say anything out of pocket, the "Diva" is gonna let them have it! In a good way of course. *dee-dee pointing out that she does not act unseemly in public*

Now the ppl who are coming are...well how can I put this...Eva is an ex-prostitute (seriously!) Devon is ADD (attention dude delirious) and the other two...well they need Jesus. And they always bring their great grand mother in hoisted up in the air like she is the freakin queen sheba or some ish. *dee-deee not hating entirely. I want to be hoisted up in air like I'm the freakin queen sheba or some ish my d*mn self...wink* The only reason they bring her is because even though all the ideas and comments have gone forth, she still has the final say so on the reunion plans...wtf? Then why am I even here in the first place. *stupid*


These are my triflin absentee father's side of the the family. God rest his soul I never knew him or his family so this whole family reunion meeting is a bit un-necessary to me. However I will rather go then send my mother and have to take me newly increased pay check and bail her out of jail with it. For you see I could buy myself a new pair of Manolo's with that money honey!!:)

The only one of them that I half way know is my Grandmother (my father's mother) she has a color complex though. Meaning she thinks she is white folks! *she is on some 'Imitation of Life' type mess for real folks* She used to say to my mother and almost caught a serious beat for it to, that "if she (my sister) is not as light as a brown paper bag, she is not worth much"...wtf? She always made comments like that concerning my sister and I. See I look more like my father's side of the family as far as complexion and facial features (except for me nose) and my sister is chocolate smooth baby! I love her complexion. So you see that whole family has some serious issues...*dee-dee listening to "family reunion by jill scott to mentally prepare*

Who wants to ride shot gun?:)

Comments

Being a white girl, I've heard somewhere along the way that people of color can discriminate against other people of color regarding darkness/lightness...

I guess it's sort of similar to the way white folks seem to make like blonde hair and blue eyes are "angel like" or whatever...
My mom was a blonde haired, blue eyed, fair skinned lady...and my daddy is from Germany by way of Israel...he has jet black curly hair...dark brown eyes, and tanned looking skin.

I ended up a nice mix of the two, but I know my grandmother wanted a little blue-eyed, white haired grandbaby to show off, and instead she got me...light brown eyes, dark blonde hair, olive complexion...

whatever...I feel pretty (except my big hips! LOL)

Family reunions...YIKES, I do not envy you...been there, done that...saw where I inherited my craziness! LOL
Teej said…
Just keep Mickey and Steven from knocking over Helenova's lemon cake! Frankie Beverly and Maze aint gon be able to calm me down if they knock it over!

Im empathizing with ya Dee...really I am. I totally understand too.
Anonymous said…
i totally feel you, girl... family reunion sometimes is the scariest of all :D
NameLiar said…
Ooo Ooo Pick me, pick me, I'll ride shotgun and ya grandmother ain't gon have ish to say because I am yellow then a mug...lol
Nah but I know exactly what you mean about this family reunion ish...My grandmother acts as if she has a color problem. Everytime I see her she almost gets cussed out. But I be respecting my elders and ish. womp womp.

But I will ride shotgun if you need me to. I bet yo people in New York are somehow related to my people in New York. You know this is a small world...*smile*
Didi Roby said…
Michele...

Isn't that a mess...the color stuff? We segregate ourselves don't we?

Teej...

You mean the one she barely ever makes?

Thanks baby:)

'Ka...

You find out where you get your issues from by attending those things I swear:)

Nameliar...

Alright girl let's posse up then!!:)

And your "small world" comment brought about some memories girl...let's get em':)

*dee-dee and namelia fixing ta let you have it. Not you this time Teej*
Didi Roby said…
Twin...

What is Fotki? So until you tell me what thiat is...it's ain't me...lol:)

Ooooh I would love to help out in that sitch...you girl is going to like it here if she and her husband can find things to do...I have combed this city several times over I think:)

Keep me posted:)

Sonyared...

I sure will. I have to to keep from snapping off when I'm around them...which is not often:)

Yeah man threed day weekend, but because it's nights...I go in Sun night...that suckes:)

HAGW:)
C.R.C. said…
Whoo girl! Your grandmother sounds kinda like mine. She's wouldn't DARE say the whole paper bag thing out loud, but there's definitely a color complex...and I'm on the darker side of the spectrum....just like my grandad (her husband). So in some ways, I don't get it. But I think that's common, especially with people from that generation.
Cherise said…
First of all, that is my SOOONG Gurl!!! Man, I'm going to have to make my way to Chi-town real soon... hang out with my peeps, but I'm a big scardy cat when it comes to flying. I don't do family reunions.. If families were REALLY families we wouldn't have to reunite them.. Ya think? That's deep! Aye, my grandma is just like your grandma,LOL I love her though! She refuses to be called black.. she is light skinned,but a lot darker than I am. (my mom is white..lol and my dad black) Funny thing is her mother was dark!! She swears she's part Indian... lol Only Indian was her husband, my granddaddy..that's where we got this good hur...LOL Yea right. I always hated being mixed... no one ever knows what I am. Then I have to explain, well My mom is white and my dad is black.. * Yawning* Yada yada yada. I just wanted to be one thing. Pick one.. Black or White! LOL It's gets better.. My mom's mother (whom I've never met) ran off when my mom & her sister were 6,7 and married a black man.. Go figure huh? That was like in 66 when that shhh didn't happen. PERIOD. When my mom got pregnant with me they threw my dad in jail... he's still there ( not for that though) LMAO Anyhow, I'm still NOT completely comfortable in my skin, but I'm working on it... have a good weekend!! Glad you're feeling the job... sorta.. LOL
Peace....
Unknown said…
I hate family reunions when I am not familiar with anyone there, like my father's side of the family.

Your grandmother has some serious issues yow! She's stuck in the "nuttin black nuh good" mindframe.
Didi Roby said…
Twin...

*dee-dee in a soft voice*

lift that head up my sister froma another mother...:) we new to this twin thang:)

HAGWD:)

Sunnchinn...

Girl it's good to hear from ya!:)

I thought you fallen off the planet...and only came back to blog...lol:)

HAGWD:)

Stunner...

Yeah man she is a bonified mess!!:)

HAGWD:)

Reese...

I come from a mixed fam as well and that's why my Grand mother says that mess...she is white and wanted her grandchildren to be as fair as possible (hence the brown paper bag line) she is a mess and always will be I guess:)

Girl get yo end on that plane so we (including the teej) can do the d*mn thing...lol:)
Deelze said…
Just stopping by to say Hi!

Family reunions can be a bitch!! My family is crazy, big, loud, and sometimes very mean.

Good luck!
Rose said…
Don't cha love it when you go to those reunions and the folks try their best to find things wrong with you. Handle you thing girl...
Didi Roby said…
Envizable...

I sent you my response...*smile*

bajanqueen...

Yes them joints are...thanks girl:)

Rose...

Pray for me man...they gonna make me snap!

*"crack"*

Diva...

Isn't life and it's whoos a trip? If I hear "red chile or red bone" one more time...I might scream!

Sometimes that mess will give ppl a complex or some ish.

I always enjoy your writing style:)
toneec42 said…
God be praised my family doesn't have family reunions. At least none my immediate family attend, anyway. We got enough craziness just getting together on holidays in our small little circle of my mom's mother, siblings and nieces.
And don't get me started on the color thing. I grew up being the darkest of my mother's family and the lightest of my father's. All of them are crazy as far as I'm concerned and need to let that ish go already!

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1