"Dee~Dee he IS looking for his RIB." A quote by Naomi


Okay so I was feeling a little lonely the other day and I reached for my Rabbit and just as I was about to click the button...my phone rang. "Damn it!" I shouted at the phone. At first I wasn't gonna answer it but then I was hoping it was a call that I had been waiting for so I put my rabbit on hold and answered the phone. Now how many of you know that when God wants you to stop doing something...you will? When I answered the phone it was my Naomi. She wanted to ask me about the Sexual Healing Retreat that is taking place November 18-20. Can you believe that? Right when I was feeling lonely and about to handle my own business...*if you know what I mean* Here I get a call from Naomi concerning a Spiritual Retreat on Healing for your soul concerning SEX! WTF? Right? I know...God wants a complete yes from your girl no diggady!

Okay so we are talking and she tells that I still have time to register for certain classes. I really want to take the one she is going to teach entitled...'The Prostitute I used to be' now don't let the title fool you...it's not about whoring your body to men...it's about selling out who you are to be apart of the in crowd...the clicks if you will. Much like a prostitute does when she plays a roll for the person she is about to entertain...I'm talking about them show nuff prostitutes...not them ol raggady ones on the block *ewwwwwwww* So while we are talking she asked me about Taj and Tony...well I told her that they are no longer apart of my life in the way that I would have liked for them to be...esp Tony...I would have married him. *sigh* Then she asked me about....whoa I almost said the name of my crush...whew that was a close one! and I told her that I am still a punk to the 5th degree and that it is probably best if I keep it that way...for now anyway. This folks is when she began to break it down for a sister. She is like my guardian angel and it's like she can tell when I am sad or depressed about one thing or another. She told me that God said I was feeling sad about being lonely. Now I know she ain't lying folks because I don't tell anyone my business...unless you count you guys...but ya'll don't know Naomi! So again I say, I keeps my ish to myself and only talk to the Lord about ish like that.

Well when she began to tell me what she was picking up in the spirit, I began to cry. See I am the type of person that is such a hopeless romantic. I used to sit up in my bedroom window and pretend I was a princess waiting to be rescued by a handsome prince....that is until some dude hollering from the street and almost made me fall out the window. Niggs! I swear! Anyway I dreamt that he would ride up on his white horse and take me away...and I would live happily ever after. Then I met June and reality set in. Then came Lance and then Taj and then Tony and then....well you get my point. I met a whole lot of FROGS...but no PRINCEs. So naturally I am feeling a little bit sad by the fact that to this day I am still lonely and wanting. Wanting what you ask? Wanting Love...Wanting to be held...touched. Wanting to kissed that special way that only a MAN can kiss a WOMAN. Wanting to feel safe. Wanting to smiled at like only a MAN can smile at a WOMAN. *awwwwww* it's a wonderful feeling. I have felt it before so I know. I have never been in love though can you believe that? I have been in lust before. And I have been in love with what a man could do for me...but not IN LOVE. I know this because...I just know.

Well this is the part that made me write this post. She was explaining to me that I have a FEAR OF REJECTION SPIRIT and that I feel like I have to play by certain rules in order for a man to stick around. In other words I feel that if I don't play the game...he will leave me or some ish. Damn! I thought I was past this here mess. Guess not. No wonder I choose to be single. I am afraid of being rejected again. The HOTTIE dude from the 2nd floor finally asked me out the other day and do you good folks know what I said....*out of fear apparently* "I can't make it...maybe some other time." WTF? I have been living in this building for 9 years and have been wanting that particular dude to ask me out ever since....I'm losing it folks...yes indeedy. She gave me some scriptures to read and prayed with me before we ended our conversation. The last thing that she said to me before she hung up was...."Dee-Dee, he IS looking for his Rib." That has stuck with me ever since. To know that there is a guy out there that is looking ME! Because I complete him...whoa bottom of the ocean right? I know.

Well needless to say I took my Rabbit off, turned over and went to sleep knowing that I will be found sooner...then later.

Comments

brooklyn babe said…
Oh babes we definitely need to do an "exorcisim" on that spirit of rejection you maybe running from.
It's so funny cause men throw themselves out there over and over again, and have to take rejection in stride, where us woman may run from it like the plague,therefore never letting anyone (that we desire) get that close, or stray to far, because of insecurities.
Its okay to be rejected... embrace that shit... and know that who ever rejects you did your a favor, for the one who "elects" you.
But if you "rejecting" who is "electing" than you phucking the whole game up!!!!! Lol!
But I still love you, and we'll get this shit together... (see my recent post on love) Lata mama
And yes I still got that 4 ya!

-Bk Bake
Knockout Zed said…
I suck. All I kept thinking about is you finishing your "business".

KZ
I've been neglecting my favorite blogs in lieu of homework. The nerve of homework coming in between my daily haunts.
toneec42 said…
D -
It's wonderful you have a "Naomi" in your life. I'm finding I have several in mine and what a blessing!
Can you email me the scriptures she gave you? toneec42@yahoo.com
Rose said…
Great that you had someone who could help you see some things....rejecting someone you wanted to go out with in the first place....I hope you find that one who is looking for you soon.....
Dee You'll definitely be found. You're an attractive woman and Virgo. That's two positives. ;o)
She Shall said…
"Looking for his Rib"... that might be the most romantic thing ever!

All I kept thinking about was...Hello, Baby Boy!

Anywho...what would life be like for us single girls WITH OUT the Rabbit?

I can't even imagine it! LOL.
Didi Roby said…
BkBabe...

Thanks ma I needed to know that at least one of my girls would come along and straight slap some sense into a sista....*dee-dee holding her face* :)

Zed...

I gotta love you man...Nasty!

Princess...

No prob...you concentrate on that homework mz mizzy...As an ex-educator I will not have any failures as friends..lol:)

Tonee...

I got you on those Scriptures ma!

Rose...

Yeah it will be nice...:)

SD...

Thanks for the Love papi! I just read you over there...SD Sundae? You are a mess!:)

Tiffany...

Yep we single gals would be bald headed and lost...lol:)

Yes it is very romantic...I could pass out from how romantic it is:)
Meka said…
Sometimes we don't know what we need until the phone rings, lol. Good post!
I was also going to ask you to send those scriptures my way as well. I see that I'm not the only one going thru life changing experiences brought on by God and his messengers. I know in my heart that I've found 'my rib' but there is so much fear and skepticism floating out there. My guardian angel is silent right now, he advised me to open up and accept everything, and that is so hard, so he's hanging back right now because sometimes all you can do is wait for a person to act right. He's been talking and I guess I heard him but wasn't listening. We all need a guide and that's where the Creator comes in. Just when I need a word from an objective source, I hit your blog.

That's balance.
Needed to read that.
Thank you for letting me rant.
She Shall said…
Wait a minute! If you're passing out the Scriptures... hit me up too. (A gal can never have too much Jesus in her life...)~One
Meadow said…
Amen, sister. I'm looking to be found, too!

At least you know what your issues are and can work on them. That alone is power.

Blessings!
Didi Roby said…
Meka...

You are so right:)

Hassan...

Well it's about time young sir:) I been chking you out for some time now. First of all you found your RIB that is wonderful:) That feeling alone makes life easy to live don't it? I will sure do that for you @those scriptures no doubt...I pray that they help you and tonee and tiffany the way they helped me. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to continue:)

Envizable...

It is so great to read from you...*smile*

Thanks I got it through you. @ the new look comment:)

I know,it is hard and I should learn to be more brave in that area of my life...I get your drift:)

Twin...

I know I know...I will deserve it to...from you that is:) See you soon too as a matter of fact:) *dee-dee running like the wind trying to get away from Tiff and her hardhat w/flashlight. Then she falls in the street cause her Manolo's are made for looking cute...not running*

Tiffany L...

I got you as well ma! Coming soon to an email near you!:)

Goddess...

For some reason I adore your visits to my place of thinking out loud:)

And believe me he is looking for you ma...yes he is:)
Anonymous said…
i know there're billions of people living on this planet... but i never really find someone who feels exactly the same... :) thanks for writing it down, girl :)
I'm not getting into the whole rabbit discussion with you but I did catch beauty and the beast this weekend...

Holla back on the show!
Brea said…
Love this Selena song - just love it! I know how you feel Dee-Dee, hang in there.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1