An Email From Taj...The One Who Got Away.



Well I was having a very crappy day due in part to where I work...man I need a another job like ASAP!! I mean everyday it's something with this place. How many of you have ever had a job where everytime you step foot in the place it's some more drama going on? I mean I already have to deal with about 25 screaming children, I don't need to deal with grown a** screaming adults to. I felt like breaking into a chorus of "Gimme a Break...I sure deserve it"...I mean the adults don't know how to talk to people all they know how to do is dictate and holler at people. I tell you give certain nephews!! a title or position and all hell just might break loose!

Well needless to say when I got home all I wanted to do was take my bath, check my emails, read some blogs, pop some corn and watch a little T.V. I just wanted to relax and get the day off my mind. As I was checking my emails(you know the usual stuff) all the junk mail...the so called free laptop computer one is my favorite. I got a welcomed surprise from 'the one who got away'

Has anyone ever felt like a guy/girl from your past was the one who got away? I'm going to keep it real with ya'll I have and I messed it up royally!! His name is Taj and he was my first love. I haven't been in love like that since. We met in college and became bestfriends. I have to say that at first I didn't see him in that way, we were just friends and I didn't want to mess that up. We eventually started to hang out more and a relationship developed. We was very respectful of my feelings as for as not having sex before marriage...(well so much for that) We were a perfect couple and things were going real great between us....Then I had to go and f**k it up!!

Here's what happen...see I was very immature as for a relationships go and I was(and still am...just a little bit) spoiled. Okay damnit!...I'm spoiled rotten!!...forget you greg!! but it's not my fault blame my mother! That's my story! Towards our sophomore year I started to become very jealous. I mean it was crazy ya'll! See I wasn't the mature and level headed young woman that I am today. I thought I knew everything when in reality I didn't know anything at all. When we were not together I started accusing him of cheating me and the whole nine. I mean I knew he wasn't getting any from me, so in my mind he was getting it from some damn where...right? (looking for my amen corner right here)

It got so bad that I joined everything he was on so I could "keep my eye on him" That was the wrongest (I know...not a word) thing I could have done. He felt like I was smothering him and that I didn't trust him...well I didn't! My immature mind was playing some real serious tricks on me ya'll. Well needless to say that eventually I ran brother man away as far as a relationship was concern. We remained friends but it was killing me to see him with someone else. I eventually left that school and came home. We would write one another and what not but eventually the letters and phone calls stopped.:( So imagine my surprise as I checked my emails to find one from him....

Email:

Hello, babydoll. How are you? This is Taj...I know you remember me right? Of course you do. I am here in Chicago for a little while visiting Dana. You know she is married and 7 months pregnant...well maybe you didn't know that. She says to tell you hello. I have been thinking alot about us and the friendship we shared in college. I guess I have Dana to thank for that as well, she brought up some things from our past the other day. Remember when we got locked in the closet and you thought you were going to die? (LoL) Sorry that was so funny then. I bumped into Ernest on the train and he gave me your email address...I didn't ask for your number because I didn't think you would want to hear from me out of the blue like that. So I thought this way was much better...was I correct? I know we haven't spoken to one another in about 9 years, and for that I'm sorry. I don't really know why the letters and phone calls stopped. Maybe I was being just a stubborn and spoiled as you were being at that time. What I mean by that is I was missing you so much and I figured since you left and we were apart, I I could be with you in the flesh, then I didn't want to be with you at all. Selfish I know. We were both young a stupid then wouldn't you agree? I miss you dearly and would like to met up and catch up on one another's lives. If you would like to do that as well, give me a call or email me as soon as you can. I leave for Canada on August 26th but I will return sometime in September. That is your birthday month..I remember:) Hope to hear from you soon...Love Taj

***-***-**** or ***-***-****
So Long For Now!
Taj
D**n!...even after all these years he is still the sweetheart he always was. With all this said let me get my a** on the phone and do some repenting my d**n self.


Comments

Brea said…
Wow - I know exactly how you feel!! Don't worry, there is someone else out there that is perfect for you. It will just takle the right time and place to meet him.
Rose said…
Dee Dee
Call that man! My brother was preparing for his 28th class reunion two months ago, saw a former friend from high school that he had a crush on but never pursued, emailed her, both had married for twenty years each, been divorce about two years, have been talking for 40 days, visited each other thousands miles away, and are now engaged. They are too in love. Both have three children by their former spouses, are successful real alstate owners, and were married 20 years. He found out she had a bad crush on him too...weird huh....call that man if you are not taken--maybe he isn't.
Didi Roby said…
To: Brea...

Yeah I know...it's just that this one right here...Man!!Wonderful Guy

To: Rose...

Wow! really? Man let me get on it then...thanks for the encouragement!!
Chile Boo!
It's FOXY Friday!

hit the club and reinvent yourself I think your "play play" name tonight should be "Sasha"

Have a FOXY weekend baby!!
Girl go and get him right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Organized Noise said…
I'm a strong believer in fate and destiny. He just might be your destiny. Go and get him.
Anonymous said…
It made you happy. So consider taking a chance and see where faith takes you. You also brought back some memories from my past.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1