The Emancipation of Dee-Dee (Work, LIES, and Burnt DVD's)



I am having a real Funky day ya'll...Help Me! Why is it that when people get on your d**n nerves, they act like they don't know it? My boss...(let me re-phrase my ex-boss, as of June 17, 2005) is really starting to piss me off!


Okay let me break it down from the beginning.(breathe dee-dee) I have been a teacher at this day care center for about 91/2 years. I started working there as a floater and eventually got my own classroom in 1999. Now in 1998 I was sent to school for my assoc. in Child Care by the owner of the school. She felt it was the best thing for me to do. Notice how I said "she felt". She even went and asked our pastor if I should and of course she said yes. Well, needless to say she sent me to school because my dumb a** didn't put my foot dawn and tell her h*ll to the no!

Okay, I go to these classes which are all the way in Richton Park some d**n where and receive my asssoc. in 99...yeah it only took a year. Don't ask me how, all I did was go to school. So after the classes where over, the director of the program was supposed to come to my job site and do an assessment of my work. Well they never came. Now keep in mind that my boss(ex-boss) was paying for me to go to school in the first place, and all of the paper work she was responsible for (seeing how she didn't ask me if I wanted to go in the first d**n place)

Well fast forward to 2005. It's the early part of May and it is time for the licensing people to come out and do an observation and make sure we are doing what is necessary for the children we teach and take care of. So the lady comes out, and right away I don't like her smug a**. She walked in the place like she was the s**t. She was hoping something would be wrong. She found like 100 things that needed to be done around that place. I'm surprised she didn't shut us down right then and there. She was making me mad every little thing she did. Then she had the nerve to turn off...I say turn off my CD player when came in my room to inspect it. Now you know black people and their radios!...ooooooh I wanted to get her! ooooooh I wanted to get her girl! She found like 100 more things she didn't like in my room as well. By this time I am ready for a** to leave. She told us(the director and myself) that we have two weeks to get that place up to code and she would be back to check the paper work next time she came.

Now we are running around like chickenheads chasing them ballers, trying to get 200 things done by the time she returns. Fast forward to June 15, 2005. By this time the lady(whom I affectionately call..."The DCFS Winch") is on her way to the school to check the children's/staff paper work. She gets there and everything/everybody seem like it is moving in slow freakin motion or some s**t. Now, I am not the least bit concerned about my paper work, cause I just know my jive is in order. I tell one of my co-workers(ex-co-worker) that "Ms. Lita might get laid off girl, cause her paper work is not in order." I'm walking around the school with this big a** grin on my face cause I just know long as I have been there, my paper work is up to code. (I was real freakin cocky that day) Well, after what seemed like forever, the "DCFS Winch" leaves and my boss(ex-boss) goes into her office and shuts the door....wtf? I go home cause it was time for me to leave anyway...not knowing what was in store for me the next day.

I get to work and start my normal routine. My co-workers(ex-co-workers) come in and everything is hunky dory. Well, the boss lady comes in and tells me she needs to talk to me. (okay what did I do now?) She begins to tell me that while the "DCFS Winch" was here she found somethings wrong with my paper work...wtf? (who's paper work...mine?) She tells me that my assoc. license was only good for 5 years and it expired a year ago.(wtf?) and that I was not qualified to teach there anymore...(wtf?) And that I can no longer be the asst. director...(wtf?) I was boiling inside. Man I was pissed! You mean to tell me after all these years...9 and a freakin half to be exact...you didn't know my paper work was incomplete? (well I'll be a monkeys aunt) This woman is on that stuff right? This is all a big ol' joke right? Ashton, bring yo a** out from behind that door and punk me got d**n it! Wow! not a joke. In fact she goes on to tell me that the "DCFS Winch" will be back on monday, and if the paper work is not in order....I will have to leave...wtf?

Now keep in mind that this is Wednesday the freakin 15th and I either need to register for NEW CLASSES or find me another JOB! So I tell her I am not going to school for another year to re-do the mess she made 5 years ago...wasn't gonna happen. So she asks me what am I gonna do then? ooooooh I wanted slap her face right then, but I was easy. I said..."I don't know Mz. W" I knew I was not about to go back to school for something that I never wanted to do in the first place. Even though I would miss those children...I said no thanks!

By this time, I am pissed off, and she is worried about what I'm going do next.(ie; go to the unemployment office...which I did) It's Friday the 17th and my day goes on as usual. The staff comes in and I say to them "you know today is my last day right?" And they say "nope...why dee-dee?" wtf? She didn't even tell them what happen? She didn't even tell them I was leaving? She didn't tell my children either? I'm crying by this time. I can't believe this s**t here! Not even a farewell party? This really sucks right here:(

Well somehow I manage to get me a job at this summer camp, that started (get this...Monday the 20th of June) I absolutely hate it there...but it's a job and my black a** needed one like ASAP! Needless to say that after all that went down the way it did, I have to say it really taught me a valuable lesson. It taught me never to let anyone control my destiny! (clapping my hands right here) I will now be more in control of my life and the decissions I make. Now I know how Mariah Carey must have felt being married to Tommy Mattolas ol' controlling a**. After everything happen and my unemployment was denied...you know what I did for weeks....I purchased a bunch of DVDs (movies I missed cause I was always at work) from the bootleg man and watched them s**ts til I felt better. When August the 26th rolls around and camp is over...I don't know what I'm gonna do. All I know is that I will NOT be going back to that place again and because of that I feel emancipated! Ya'll Pray For Me!


Comments

Didi Roby said…
Thanks G...that's the sweetest thing you have ever said to me...literally! lmao

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1