Can You Say GANGSTA! Ingeniously Plotted



I could not wait for this movie to come out man! First of all it is a John Singleton film and you know that nephew there gots a lot on his mind already...(he should have a blogspot) I mean his past films left you somewhere thinking about some s**t for real. So naturally I wanted to check it out.


Then look at the line up in this film...you got, Mark Walburg's sexy white self, Tyrese wit his ol' chocolate sexy self, Andre 3000 wit his ol' Vegan eating sexy self and...then you got Terrence Howard's ol' hustler sexy self too...this movie was like the food for my loins I ain't lying!! LMAO!!

It's the story of four different men(two black, two white) who had the same mother. A woman who took them in as boys and raised them to be men...I say she took them in as BOYS!! and raised them to be MEN!! that part right there ought to win him a oscar. I like the way he (john) used black and white men to play these characters...he should have a Latino dude in the mix as well(ummmmmmmmmmmm) okay, I'm back now!!(wink)Each one of them were different in personality as well. (I liked that) They were coming home to bury their mother, and wound up searching for her killers as well.

It was a wonderful tale of brotherly love and bonding. It showed us that color really isn't and issue in some parts of the world...see cause I am just crazy enough to believe that if that woman would take in four boys of different races(even if it was a movie) then some white woman in the real world would do the same d**n thing. The story line was so powerful. The came real gangsta in this movie as well. I mean Mark Walburg is already a black man trapped in a white mans body. And the villain they had in this film...CRAZY AS H*LL! He was such a freakin jerk!! And talk about the action in this film...Loved It!! They shot this film in the winter time, so the cinematograghy was great. I thought it was a well written and directed film. And big ups to Andre 3000...he really surprised me as an actor.

I'm about to play Ebert and Roper here and give this film two thumbs up! I recommend that everyone go and check it out...you'll be glad you did.
Let's hear what Ebert and Roeper had to say anyway...

http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/popmp3_2.html?clip=050815-four_brothers&title=FOUR%20BROTHERS



Comments

Didi Roby said…
You a mess!! you all right with me!! Yeah Marky's Calvins were nice!! I like your taste DIVA!!
I must confess I had to skim your post. I don't know if you've seen the movie but its on my to do list and I'm excited about it because I keep hearing such great things about the movie and if you follow my blog you can see that I've been on a slow decline with my movie choices so this one will put me back in the black.
Hey Baby Girl!
Thanks for the love on the show!
You are welcome to tune in anytime you please. I'm feeling much better today and when I wrote that entry it was actually Saturday so I'm good and back at them today's Blog is cute and might even be informative Come check me out and I hope you are no longer BLUE!
Meka said…
I'm going to see it on Friday. I hope it's as good as you say.= cause' I haven't seen a really good movie in a minute. And I feel you on Tyrese... there's just something about him. I've liked him ever since he was on the back of the bus singing on the Coke commercial. Good post!
Rose said…
DeeDee
Enjoyed reading your blog. Just stopped by to visit.
The Empress ... said…
I love this movie with a passion. Marky Mark doing his thug thing had me takin' a second look. Then reality popped me on the side of the head. But there is nothing like seeing Tyrese's chocolate self on a huge screen.
Didi Roby said…
To: PrincessDominique...
The movie lives up to the hype...trust me.

To: Foxybrownshow...
I must read your spot everyday...it's fast becoming a must read for me.

To: Rose...
Thanks girl, stop by anytime...

To: Meka...
I gots Tyrese on my mind(lol)And I do remember that Coke commercial...wow!! How long ago was that?...
Didi Roby said…
Oooops! To: Gradiegreen...
Tyrese could do a movie wearing depends and I would go see it...lmao!!
Cherise said…
Thanks for hitting my blog first of all.. I read most of yours... interesting.. I want to say that I've been thru a lot in my life and somehow God always works it out no matter how low I get... and I get pretty low. Anyhow, I seen this movie on Sunday.. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! I'm definitely copping it when it hits the dvd shelves.. Well, don't be a stranger.. hit me anytime.. and Teej that's my man.. I love that cat he is too too funny.. an excellent friend!!!
Peace

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1