Rejoice!!! It's Finally Over :)




Well today was the last day of summer camp and I couldn't be more happy about. Don't get me wrong, I will miss the children and my lovely young co-workers (Toni, Bird, "J" and Evan) but I AM GLAD TO BE DONE! (whew!!) I literally counted the last two weeks down like a man who is in prison and marks the days until he is set free. Not that I felt like I was in prison or anything, it's just that I am finally free to pursue THE career that God has for me.

I was very grateful to get that job at the last minute because it kept food on the table and clothes on my back, however, when 3:00 pm hit today...ya'll I flew out that door and jumped in my car, rolled every freakin window down and just breathed in all that freedom that awaited me. I was tired as heck but I was on a new mission. A mission to explore my new found freedom from all the drama that had eluded me for the past 9 1/2 years.

Thursday was a great day for me. I had two interviews and three job offers. Now, me being the "Queen Diva" that I think I am (wink) I am now mulling over which job I should take...like I got it like that or something. "Nigga you better pick a job and stop playing!" lmao!!:) The two jobs that I interviewed for are the two I really would like to have. They both pay real nice and they both are a step up from what I used to do. Teaching is a very rewarding job...it will just burn you out eventually I swear. So these two office setting jobs are a welcomed change for me. Besides I will finally get to wear all those Liz Claiborne suits that are just collecting dust in my closets. Could you see me wearing a Liz to my old job? Shooks I would be in jail right now if one of them kids had of spilled anything! on one of them there suits.:)

So after my second interview which was at 11 o'clock last night, I got home around 12:45ish and went straight to bed. For I had to be up at 4:45 am to start my day. So you see, aside from it being the last day of summer camp (yea!!!!) which is making me so happy, I can finally get some well deserved rest after a long day of running on fumes.

Thank you Lord for Peace...Good night Ya'll:)

Comments

Rose said…
Dee,Dee,
Congratulations, glad that you have found what you want to do.
Didi Roby said…
Thanks Rose...I needed that:)
S A J Shirazi said…
When are you joining?
Anonymous said…
wow! congratulations!
NameLiar said…
You go girl.
Peace, Love, and Positive Progression
Didi Roby said…
To: Diva...I couldn't sleep. Then later today I was sleepy as hell girl:)lol

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to take me a vacation somewhere to relax my mind, then jump back into the work force.

To: 'ka...

Thanks!!!:)

To: nameliar...

Thanks babygirl...I like that... "Positive Progression" well put:)
Anonymous said…
Good...now when you get that job where the pay is just right, bring me my 20.00 dollars you owe me for cutting them boys hair!! Just joking love. You deserve some happiness for a change. Get some rest awight? Holla!
Unknown said…
Girl, you had me HOLLERING! I love your blog ad alot of your friends resemble my friends. We should plan a "GIRLS FREEDOM NIGHT!" We would set Chi on FIRE!

Be Blessed!
Anonymous said…
Girls night out!! Why wasn't I invited Dee-Dee2?

Live from the Dee-Dee's it's dee-dee1

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1