Saturday, Girlfriends Sing The Blues...



I am just getting back from a wonderful evening with some girlfriends of mine who are feeling the "FREE" just like me...I was supposed to take my nephews to the House of Kicks, but them Negroes!! hit the streets before I got there. So I opted to hang out with my girls who are celebrating freedom in one way or another.

First you have Shelley the 37 year old appraiser/ lesbian(she is our Joan Clayton) She is the one of us that has the most money, so everytime we hang out we know she is going to flip the bill:) (Thanks Shells!!) I know Iv'e got a lot of nerve (read: ADM ya'll), but I'm broke as h*ll right now! Shelley is celebrating her singledom from her crazy ex- girlfriend Wanda. She had to file a restraining order agaisnt her just a few weeks ago. So now that the Chile has move out of town Shelley is FREE to "date the chi fantastic"... end quote!

Then you have Nicole (she is our Maya) She is the one of us that is married and has 1 small child. Now when she got married her husband already had 1 child from a previous relationship but the child lived with his mother. Well in a scene that reviled that of "What's Love Got To Do With It"...ol girl drop off said child at their doorsteps and drove the h*ll off!! That was about a year ago, so Nicole was like wtf? Well just Monday the little boy went back home to live with his mother and Nicole is FREE to "spoil her own d*mn child to death"...end quote!

Then you have Tasha (she is our Lynn but with a twist) She is the one I just wrote about(Read: Treat him right...) She is promiscuous as h*ll but she has a husband and child! Her freedom story is a bit out of the ordinary. She just recently went back to school to become a hairstylist and found herself in the hot seat so to speak(lmao!) Now Tasha knows how to do hair she just takes her sweet ol time doing it. She was at class and she was working on one of the students hair. She puts the perm on the girls head and walks off. Now knowing Tasha she went and had a smoke, made some phone calls and what not like that. So by the time she got back to ol girls head...she had washed the perm out along with a substantial amount of her hair(lmao!!) The girl was so pissed off that she tried to beat the h*ll out of Tasha with some curling irons. Well thank God some of the other girls pulled her off of Tasha before she got seriously hurt(still lmao!!!) So Tasha is FREE to "avoid a beat down over a few missing hairs"...end quote!

Then there's me(can you guess who I am? That's right I'm Toni...what?) I'm the one with the most issues and the most SHOES!! I am spoiled to death but they love me anyway. I recently acquired my freedom from all the drama in my life. I have moved on to a place where I can be happy with the choices I make, even if I make the wrong ones. I have closed the door on some old things that have held me down and tried to strangle me to death. And I have opened the door to new and exciting adventures in personal growth and maturity. "I am FREE to no longer except what people say is enough for me...Damnit! I'm FREE!!"...end quote!


Well needless to say we had a great time laughing at each others Mishaps and shedding a few tears for each others Breakthroughs. We Went and listened to some Jazz music over at (for you guys in the chi) The Jazz Buffet 2556 W. Diversey. The music was great! and the atmosphere was just right. We snapped our fingers and grooved to the music as if we didn't have I care in the world. I of course had to bring my laptop along...you know just in case measurements....What?

So how was your Saturday?

Comments

Rose said…
Girl, you sure some of the people I know don't have twins with identical personalities and other stuff on this side of town...
Cherise said…
I've always wanted "friends" like those on Girlfriends.. LOL I have 3 female friends.. I've known them most of my life.. but we rarely get together. 2 of them live back home in Cali and the one that lives here has many life issues that get in the way of our friendship...
Didi Roby said…
To: mytruth...

Thanks for stopping by. Now what is DC3...I'm 31 boo hip your girl to the slang!!:)ha ha ha ha!!

To: rose...

There just might be some truth to that rose:)

To: (My twin)proactiff...

Thank you kindly!!:)

To: Greg...

Man you know how Tasha is...

To: Reese...

Girl,I love my girls but sometimes it's good to be away from their crazy behinds every now and again:)

I love Vegas! What's your fav thing to do there?
Brea said…
This post has me scrambling to set up a girls night out sometime soon!!

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1