Lyfe Makes Sense The Turtle and the Hare...



Okay so I am at work today talking to Toni, one of my co-workers...I was telling her about yellowboy and the coversation that we had the other night and how I just had to blog that sh*t!

She asked me had I listened to "26years 17days" by Lyfe (Jennings)...and I said "yeah why? She told me to reeeeeaaallllyyy listen to it, cause he comes real deep in that song. So I do and this is what he spoke on....



26 Years, 17 Days
1st Verse:
I was looking for God at my grandmother’s house underneath the cushions on the couch I looked all around side to side up and down that man was no where to be found So I called my grandmama on the phone said old lady you best get home cause God aint where you said he would be and there’s something that I really need to speak to him about immediately She said boy tell Granny what’s wrong is there something I can do I said big mama now it’s a sensitive issue and Lord knows I don’t wanna worry you but I need somebody to talk to
Chorus:
It’s done been 26 years 17 days been to 5 different prisons got 2 babies on the way and they say it’ll be a waste of time to pray seeing that I’m going to hell anyway (2x)
2nd Verse:
I done smoked weed with the best of ya’ll shot at all the rest of ya’ll my heart hurts like an old man with high cholesterol the preacher said that I’m the dirtiest dude he ever saw shouldn’t even be livin’and he a Christian Shoulda been dead like 17 times for 17 crimes I committed took ‘em all to trial and got accuited Left wavin’ my middle finger in the air whispered in the prosecutor’s ear, yeah I did it I done stole everything from dreams to wedding rings auctioned off my soul for material things but lately its been kinda botherin’ me I guess that turtle always catches up with the rabbit eventually
Chorus: 2x

Bridge:
Somebody loves you baby whoa whoa whoa somebody loves you baby (4x fade out)


*Now this is the line we want to focus on:(I guess that turtle always catches up with the rabbit eventually) D**n! How Deep Is That? I mean he came deep in the whole dang record...but that line right there...beautiful! Now of course I gots a theory on that one right there...let's break it down shall we? In the story of the Tortious and the Hare(where is coming from with that line) the Hare (which is a "fancy" word for Rabbit) was about to race a Tortious(which is a "fancy" word for turtle). Now of course you know that a turtle is slow as h*ll, so the hare thought he had that there race all sewed up.

Well, when the race began, the hare took off like a light at first, while the turtle had barely gotten across the start line. Atfer running a good while, the hare decided that he was gonna take him a little nappy nap, seeing how he knew that the slow a** turtle was probably still somewhere near the start line. So he finds him a shady spot underneath a tree, and falls fast asleep. Now right here is where the hare messes up. His cocky behind thinks that because he is living life in the fast lane, that he can afford to sleep on his skills and talent. (feeling me so far?) While the turtle on the other hand who is moving in the slow lane, is steady gaining on him...snore by cocky snore. Well, needless to say, the turtle eventually caught up with the hare, and passed his a** and won the race....The End!

Deep stuff right...Take a lesson from Lyfe and The Hare...Don't SLEEP on that turtle...cause he coming to get your a** sooner then later! Get that Lyfe Jennings 268-192 CD and listen carefully to the lyrics in his songs people....you just might get a revelation!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah yeah yeah...turtle and the hare...that damn turtle cheated! lmao

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1