I't's 2 O'clock in the morning...do you know where your heart is?




Well, it's 2:26 in the morning and I just got in the house from having one of the best evenings I have had in a long time. I of course called Taj and we set up a time to met which at first was supposed to take place this afternoon, but we both wanted to see one another before then.

He called me around 5:00 and I was just about to leave out for my second job...(yeah, a sister has to be able to afford a new pair of Manolo's pretty soon) So anyway I told him I was on my way out to work and asked could we meet after I get off. He agreed and I drove to work with this sick feeling in my stomach that almost caused me to pass up my exit I ain't lying!! See the plan was to go to work last night and work on my brave. I was going to practice all the things I was gonna say to him, giving me enough time to shake off the jitters and find something to take for that queezy feeling in the pit of my stomach...which come to find out there is no cure for. I was almost dreading 11:00 to come because I was so d**n nervous!! I hadn't felt like this since the time I stood in line waiting my turn to see The Rock and get my copy of his NY times bestseller..."The Rock Says..." at Borders book store. I mean when my turn came up...it was all I could do not vomit all over "The Brahma Bull" I ain't lying!! (ewwwwww I know right?)

Well, as quitting time approached I was secretly hoping the he would call me and cancel using some lame a** excuse like most men do (sorry no offense fellas) but as time dragged on he didn't call. I was relieved and scared all at the same time. In short I was a mess ya'll!! Well, time came for me to leave and I walked to my car slow as h*ll ya'll this sister girl here was straight stalling. My cell phone rang and it was Taj of course making sure I was still coming... check that out! I told him I was on my way and straight for Millennium Park I headed.

It was such a nice night that we felt that meeting outside would ease some of the tension we were both feeling. I got there and I saw him before he saw me. I immediately put my game face on (never let em see you sweat. Can't afford to lose no cool points okay?) I fixed my hair and make-up, made sure my breast were in place and perky...then with a strut that will make Manolo Blahnik proud I walked over to him and said..."Hey Now!" He turned around and gave me the biggest hug known to man and I felt like I was in heaven. For a moment in time I felt the weight of the world lift from my shoulders. I could breathe ya'll no joke. All of the hurts I had been through this week and the one before that just seemed like little pebbles and not rocks. I was happy!

We talked all night about everything. What he's been doing and what Iv'e been doing. Who got married and who got divorced. Who died and who survived this mean ol' world, and what we wanted to do next. It was awesome!! He is in the US Army Reserve and has to leave out for Washington soon and will return sometime in September. (pray for him and all other troops ya'll) It was such a wonderful experience talking to him and catching up on all the ups and downs we have had in our lives. I felt like a little child who's best friend had come home from summer camp. We didn't talk about re-kindling our old relationship and I am glad we didn't. We are becoming friends again and I want that back more then anything. When I looked up it was 2:17 am and the streets were about as empty as my belly was. Man! I was so dang hungry, but I didn't want him to see him eat like a cow (my prissy a**) so I kept that all to my self. All in all I had a great time and I can't wait to see him again. I have never just sat up and TALKED to man all night before...it was a welcomed change, I ain't lying!!

Comments

Awww sweetie that is so cool. I want to be a bride's maid but only if Manolo's are mandatory :)
Didi Roby said…
To: princessdominique...

Now that's it right there princess!!(Manolo comment)

I'm gonna take it slow for real this time...thanks girl!!
Didi Roby said…
To: Diva...

Whew!! I'm glad to hear it. I thought I was gonna have to fly out to NYC and put together one fab a** Pamper Me Party...in your honor. That's right you gots s**t to do d**n it!! :)
NameLiar said…
So you can actually have a nice time with someone you like without having any drama for one night. That's a new concept..I'm glad it can be done because I be getting sent through the flux.(that'a a little westside slang for y'all...lol)No drama hasn't been a possiblity for my young ass lately. It seems like the more honest I am the more trouble I get in.
Organized Noise said…
That's what's up. A beautiful night with no sex and no money spent. I am glad to hear that you were able to do that . . . and more importantly appreciate it. Some people just can't do it. I wish the two of you well.

Popular posts from this blog

Lifestyles Conversation...Take 1(Clack!)

Like a bad horror movie pt1